oscout() synthax

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Eric
oscout() synthax

Post by Eric » 08 Sep 2014 15:32

hi everyone,

Could i get some help on oscout() syntax? i'd like to send osc value from a canvas - the great AB's Rotary Object. Let's say i want to send io_angle..

thanks in advance!
e.

nitefish
Regular

Re: oscout() synthax

Post by nitefish » 08 Sep 2014 21:00

there is an oscout script in the Canvas Fader example of the Canvas Learning Package (the well named OSCout())

Code: Select all

decl address = '/machin/truc';

oscout(0,address,io_angle);
But,since io_angle is a variable,maybe you just have to set a Custom address(the osc address where you want to send your value) in the editor.

Eric

Post by Eric » 09 Sep 2014 21:18

found the solution in the meantime...

but thx a lot :)

Eric

Post by Eric » 10 Sep 2014 09:10

well, you'll say i am very bad at lemur, which i am, but now i have a second problem.

I ve correctly implemented my oscout() expression/script. My receiver (max) correctly received what's expected. But, unlike classic object like 'multiball' for instance, the canvas sends osc all the time, even if the data doesn't change. That resets the data in the receiver each second. Not very convenient.
Would you know how to say only on change? in the canvas object, there's no way to specify that somewhere, only by scripting i guess which is beyond my knowledge,

thanks!
-e

nitefish
Regular

Post by nitefish » 10 Sep 2014 09:59

you can set the refresh of your Canvas "on demand" with the editor.
Maybe in the meantime you found too...

EDIT: false info,above:when I set On Demand,nothing works anymore...
I don't know why...

Eric

Post by Eric » 10 Sep 2014 13:54

hey !
yep found it in the meantime...again
i did a mistake at first, that explained what it sent osc all the time. I have created a simple expression with a dedicated script with oscout() command. It did partially the job. But, to do it properly, you have to make an overall canvas scipt. Now that's working perfectly.
Sometimes it is good indeed to try to understand deeper the examples. Thing is all this canvas object scripting language is very strange to me... each step is a pain ;) I just don't know it, especially details like this.

sorry .. really i do feel like a burden for this forum.

cheers!
-e