How do I change MultiBall colors and label each ball

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
indijinouz
How do I change MultiBall colors and label each ball

Post by indijinouz » 05 Sep 2014 14:02

Is there an easy way to do this without tons of scripting? I basically just wanna be able to change the default colors of each ball (which are white, blue, then green, and so on) and also instead of have a number inside each ball, i wanna be able to put my own label in small text inside each ball.

Any ideas?

Softcore
Regular

Re: How do I change MultiBall colors and label each ball

Post by Softcore » 06 Sep 2014 10:52

To define your own colors for the balls, tick the "Multicolor" option and then use a init script (execute on load) and type:

Code: Select all

setattribute(MultiBall, 'colors', {xxxx, xxxxxx, xxxxx........xxxxxxx});
where MultiBall is the actual name you have given to your multiball object (so if you have named it, 'myballs' type myballs in the script) and xxxxxx is a number from 0 to 8355711. You need as many xxx numbers as many enabled balls you have.
To easily retrive numbers of colors you use in your palette.....create an object like a pad or anything.....use a monitor object and make it so it displays:

getattribute(object, 'color')
Where object is the testing object name. This way you can manually change the color of the "testing" object, and write down the related numerical value of the color to be used in the multiball script.

To have custom labels for each ball, tick the "Multilabel" option and then use in the above init script:

setattribute(MultiBall, 'labels', {'label 1', 'label 2'.......'label n'});
where n is the amount of balls you have enabled.

indijinouz

Post by indijinouz » 08 Sep 2014 17:08

Oh my goodness! Your instructions are always so perfect... I never think someone as dumb at me at this is gonna be able to make it work and then u lead me right to accomplishing it! Thaaank you!

indijinouz

Post by indijinouz » 08 Sep 2014 17:13

Okaaay so question. Does it matter what i name the scripts? I just named "init" and "init2" and made em both active on load for color and label is that okay?

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 08 Sep 2014 17:18

No, it doesn't matter - you could name the scripts 'fred()' or if a big Paul Simon fan, 'al()' ;).

Also, there's no need for two separate scripts as both execute 'onload' - you can write it all into a single 'init()' if you like.

indijinouz

Post by indijinouz » 08 Sep 2014 17:24

And is there a color map with all the numbers listed somewhere? I got it to work with the monitor but just wondering

indijinouz

Post by indijinouz » 08 Sep 2014 17:25

And oh yeah oh yeah! Sowwy;p. Is it possible to change the fader's slider color from light blue to something else (in pixel mode)

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 08 Sep 2014 17:32

Afraid not.

indijinouz

Post by indijinouz » 08 Sep 2014 17:42

got it thanks man!