Daemon gets disconnected, how connect more aggressively?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
eccecello
Daemon gets disconnected, how connect more aggressively?

Post by eccecello » 09 Aug 2014 09:08

hallo, during my performance, i must switch from lemur to other apps in my ipad, when i go back to lemur, it has been disconnected from daemon, and it takes around 30 secs. to get connected back.

is it possible to connect more aggressively?? would it work better if i use the mac network session?

thanks a lot for your help.

Softcore
Regular

Re: Daemon gets disconnected, how connect more aggressively?

Post by Softcore » 09 Aug 2014 09:43

Have you enabled the "working in background" or what its called in Lemur settings? I believe with this option enabled there shoudlnt be any Daemon disconnection.

eccecello

Post by eccecello » 09 Aug 2014 10:41

"run in background" is activated since first day. :(

this behavior makes total no sense:

the lemur editor is connected at the same time than daemon. i change in my ipad from lemur app to other app... DAEMON GETS DISCONNECTED, but the editor is still CONNECTED!!!

how is that possible?? that the editor connection is more reliable and strong than the daemon??? shouldn't it be the opposite?? this is really frightening, as daemon doesn't even have a button to "force" connection or similar, so when it gets disconnected... i have to wait until it feels good to get connected back... sometimes 30 seconds... sometimes up to 2 minutes!!!

how am i going to handle this in the middle of a performance?

i suppose i must be doing something really wrong, otherwise, this is a big big hole. (bluetooth is also deactivated in both, my computer and my ipad).

thanks for any glimpse you may give on this subject... i perform next aug. 15th, and all my set up relies in lemur :/

eccecello

Post by eccecello » 11 Aug 2014 09:12

no ideas on this? :(

this is the app i am using that disconnects lemur (it's free in case u want to test it):

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touch-t ... 17821?mt=8

it seems other apps don't disconnect. but in my performances i also use video on ipad's screen.

eccecello

Post by eccecello » 19 Aug 2014 11:00

hallo, seriously... i get disconnections during performances as i switch from app. daemon needs a button to connect or a more aggressive connection. when disconnected i just have no way to force connexion!!