Visual feedback of ableton clock, how??

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
eccecello
Visual feedback of ableton clock, how??

Post by eccecello » 06 Aug 2014 16:45

hallo again,

very busy preparing a close performance, and in the need of having a visual feedback of the current bar/tempo of ableton.

i would appreciate a lot any help on this, as i was able to do something taking a part of other project... but i don't know why, it goes slowly out of sync, in 5 minutes is like 2 beats out of sync,

i already turned on "slave clocks to midi" but my visual feedback still gets out of sync. attached the project. any ideas to make it really reliable??

thanks a lot in advance.
Attachments
visual clock feedback.jzml
(5.36KiB)Downloaded 82 times

eccecello

Re: Visual feedback of ableton clock, how??

Post by eccecello » 07 Aug 2014 08:59

is it possible to have a very reliable visual feedback of the current ableton time/bars??

danke!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 07 Aug 2014 14:11

Better to use "song" mode (or what its called) in Ableton's midi clock output settings.....While there are still some "fluctuations" it will never get completely out of sync because it is auto-corrected. Also, why didnt you use the new step objects for what you are after?

eccecello

Post by eccecello » 07 Aug 2014 19:13

ahá! and how work stepswitch for instance to make this?? because i don't find any documentation or related post... would it make it more reliable?

my ableton midi clock out is already in "song" mode. but after 5-10 minutes there's a very visible retard from actual midi clock.

thanks for your answer.

eccecello

Post by eccecello » 08 Aug 2014 07:28

dear softcore, thanks a lot for all your help, i am kind of super-busy this week preparing all my lemur for a performance, and i appreciate a lot your help. one last thing i can't solve myself: how to mute all outgoing midi when loading a patch??

i have in my computer several ableton tracks and instruments that get playing as i load my patch (which has to be loaded with ableton running for several reasons), and in case i have to load it on stage... it would be a mess.

how can i mute midi out on load??

thanks!!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 08 Aug 2014 15:03

Ah to say the truth, even if there is a solution to this problem, its going to make one giant mess of sdcripting - code.

Personally speaking I always load Lemur and template first - all the rest afterwards.

eccecello

Post by eccecello » 08 Aug 2014 19:51

ok. understood. will try to tell my sound technician to mute all before connecting!

i have a problem, not exactly related to this, but as i control my computer with lemur, sometimes i change to other app, when i come back, lemur looses wifi connection for about 30secs.!!

is there a way to connect more aggressively to daemon?? maybe it's better using the mac network midi connection?

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 08 Aug 2014 21:32

Guys, take a look here:

https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f ... =10#p16324

Flags are the key.

eccecello

Post by eccecello » 09 Aug 2014 09:03

thanks, but if you see the last post of that one... it's me!
i read it is about osc, but i didn't get the point on how to do it with midi. any ideas?

eccecello

Post by eccecello » 19 Aug 2014 10:58

i did a very easy workaround for last performance, in case anyone is interested in having a very reliable visual feedback of the current count in ableton live:

just create a pad object with 16 pads with 16 consecutive notes, then create a clip in ableton live with those 16 notes being sent to lemur. so lemur pads will track the current note/tempo/measurement along with live, no more lack of sync with the shity clock.