Large Paintable Switch Matrix

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
ToolsAndKeys
Large Paintable Switch Matrix

Post by ToolsAndKeys » 27 Jul 2014 00:31

Hi, just getting familiar with Lemur, and have a specific application I'd like to set up for a graphical split and layered keyboard selector. I've got various applications that will store a split or layer setup, but what I'm looking for is a real-time graphical split/layer selector. What I'm envisioning is basically an 88 by 16 switch matrix - yes I know, itty bitty switches! - where each column corresponds to a note on an 88-note MIDI keyboard, and you would be able to select 1 or more MIDI channels that would then output the note. In "Radio" mode, you could set up a split keyboard by simply dragging your finger to paint a segment of the keyboard for one channel, then another segment for another channel, where painting is in "radio" mode such that each note column would have only 1 channel selected. You would also have a "Layer" mode, where you can go in and set any combinations into the switch matrix, permitting multiple channel outputs per note. In both cases though, I want to "paint" selections with my finger, not have to individually tap the switches.

So, based on my limited knowledge/experience, the only way I can get this quantity and size of switches is to take the narrowest 1 x 16 switch column, and overlap multiples of them to fit 88 within the iPad screen. I've done this, and it actually lays out OK on the iPad. But because this grouping of overlapped switch columns are built up of separate 1 x 16 switch matrices, it doesn't come with the ability to paint across columns. What would be ideal if I were able to simply create an 88 x 16 switch matrix - but I guess there's no way to override the 16 x 16 limit imposed. Barring that, I need to come up with a way to allow the "paint" switch selection across columns - so that I don't have to pick my finger up and put it down for each individual note column. Any ideas out there on how I should approach allowing this behavior? THANKS!

ToolsAndKeys

Re: Large Paintable Switch Matrix

Post by ToolsAndKeys » 30 Jul 2014 11:49

Thanks! No experience at all with it yet - I was wondering why the user manual doesn't even mention it, but I did find a number of tutorials online. I can see how it would be easy to define the objects, but will have to figure out how to set up all the touch selection and highlighting. I guess I'll dive in!

Softcore
Regular

Re: Large Paintable Switch Matrix

Post by Softcore » 30 Jul 2014 16:03

Get the "addendum.pdf" from here......

Canvas was added to Lemur version 5 so this secondary pdf covers all the basic stuff, missing from the initial (earlier) pdf manual

https://liine.net/en/downloads/lemur