My favorite things

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
joebataz
Regular
My favorite things

Post by joebataz » 20 Jul 2014 19:44

NOT!

I know I've asked this before but whenever I am coding, especially large scripts I run headlong into the script editor. To be specific:
No search and replace;
No auto scroll when selecting text;
No undo;
And the biggie; no copy and paste to other text editors.

I can live without the first ones if the last would work. I am on a Mac and I use BBEdit which I consider the absolute best text editor on the Mac. But I can't edit Lemur text unless I close the current Lemur document, open it in BBEdit, edit what I need and then reopen it in Lemur. It works and to tell the truth I rarely use the Lemur editor anymore. I can easily see how many characters I have, how many lines and power user that I am, have a lot of grep text manipulations set up. It takes me longer to do the switch to and from Lemur than the actual editing. And don't try this at home unless you're ready for crashes and loss of code. You CAN'T EDIT a Lemur file when it's open in Lemur. Some apps let you get away with this but it's highly unlikely in Lemur. I've done very simple edits inside a single script or object but was bitten quite badly.

I am still a huge fan of Lemur and if I'm doing something wrong or missing a capability please let me know.

Just an FYI,

thanks for listening!

joeb

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Re: My favorite things

Post by nick_liine » 22 Jul 2014 08:11

Search and replace might best be done by opening the JZML in a dedicated text editor such as BBEdit, at your own risk. This is not recommended, except for the most intrepid advanced useds.

Copy and paste has been fixed, will be included in 5.1

Joe Soap
Regular

Re: My favorite things

Post by Joe Soap » 22 Jul 2014 08:51

Copypasta fixed???

OMG moisture!!!

In my pants!*

* I'm not wearing any pants.