Setting non consecutive midi CC#'s for Multi-modules

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
indijinouz
Setting non consecutive midi CC#'s for Multi-modules

Post by indijinouz » 19 Jul 2014 00:25

Hey, my question has to do withe the MultiBall and needing to know how to set MIDI CC numbers for the balls that are not consecutive. How do i do that? It only lets me assign a range of CC#'s that are consecutive (i.e. CC #5 through 7 if i have three balls, but what if i want to make it lets say #5, 7, and 9 see how those arent consecutive?)

Softcore
Regular

Re: Setting non consecutive midi CC#'s for Multi-modules

Post by Softcore » 19 Jul 2014 19:56

You have two possible solutions.....Either scripted outputs - ctlout(target, CC, value, channel)

or custom midi outs

Here is an example with custom midi outs - all x,y, z have been replaced with NON consecutive CC numbers clearly displayed in the form of expressions xCC, yCC, and zCC. These are then used as CC numbers in our custom midi outputs while the native x,y,z values are used as CC VALUES (not numbers) on midi channel 1, Lemur target 0
Attachments
multiball-customouts.jzml
(5.51KiB)Downloaded 70 times

indijinouz

Post by indijinouz » 21 Jul 2014 22:43

Hey! It worked! Thanks so much!

Only now i have one problem. When i touch with two or more fingers... Additional CCs are triggered that i didnt map. Is that normal?

Here's the link to my layout...

https://app.box.com/s/h0tpsx1l4rlhh5ii3iv8

The balls now indivudually control the right CCs. But if i move them with 2 or more fingers additonal CC numbers are also triggered that i dont want triggered.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 22 Jul 2014 07:17

Are you sure you are not watching the z CCs?

(z is when a ball is touched, and has nothing to do with the actual MOVEMENT - X/Y location of each ball)....If you dont need them disable the zout script

indijinouz

Post by indijinouz » 22 Jul 2014 09:36

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Thank you soooo much!!! I actually didn't think I was gonna make it passed this obstacle at all, but you got me there! Much love!

Can I ask you one more question, as it's another one thats driving me crazy. Has to do with the ADSR module that I copied and pasted from the example. How do I get it to not be blue??? I can't figure out how to change the colors. Also I'm getting some exclamations in the Lemur editor on my mac that could be caused because I deleted somethings that I didn't need. It actually works fine, but can I delete those exclamation points? More importantly though is how do i solve this blue issue? thanks so much.

Here's the link to my layout...

https://app.box.com/s/h0tpsx1l4rlhh5ii3iv8

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 22 Jul 2014 14:00

Ok downloaded the last one....looks to me like you deleted:

An object named "InitialEnabled" - it must have been a switch I reckon
An object named "allowCustompeak" - must have been a switch I reckon

If you reeeeeeally reeeeaaaally didnt need them - then try to remember what WOULD be their default setting. IF yes, you need to replace with 1...if NO you need to replace with 0 so that

Code: Select all

s_allowCustomInitial = 0 (or 1)
s_allowCustomPeak = 0 (or 1)
For the blue color of the envelope you would need to study a bit about Lemur canvas....But since its a bit complicated, I 'll give you that here's where you need to pay attention:

Inside modenv canvas object look for the redraw() script....

In there this line affects the color of the "line" of the envelope - the stroke in RGB values of range 0 to 1.

canvas_setStrokeStyle(c, {0,0,0.7});
These line affect the "fill" gradient color of the envelope

canvas_gradient_addColorStop(grad, 0, {0.6, 1, 0.2, 1.0});
canvas_gradient_addColorStop(grad, 1, {1, 1, 0.4, 1.0});
here's an example with example values of the changes mentioned
Attachments
diji - reason rig 5-2.jzml
(85.15KiB)Downloaded 59 times

indijinouz

Post by indijinouz » 26 Jul 2014 08:44

It worked! And i actually (semi) understood what i was doing thanks to you! Thanks soo much!

This also opened up more questions for me, can i ask you once i collect my thoughts and keep moving forward on this template?

Here's my template now: https://app.box.com/s/h0tpsx1l4rlhh5ii3iv8