Is control voltage already possible and I didn't even know?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
JES
Is control voltage already possible and I didn't even know?

Post by JES » 17 Jul 2014 16:14

Have a look at this: http://www.brutelfo.com

Now, if they can do that, is there ALREADY a way inside Lemur to get Lemur to output audio from the iPad or iPhone to control my Eurorack? The voltage out of an iPhone/Pad is low enough that you'd still need to amplify the signal to get it to +/- 5V (or more) if you wanted the full range, but I could easily solve that problem in the modular itself.

If not, can someone make this patch for Lemur?

Joe Soap
Regular

Re: Is control voltage already possible and I didn't even kn

Post by Joe Soap » 17 Jul 2014 17:12

Looks like that app has synthesis / audio capabilities built in - Lemur doesn't ouput / generate audio at all so first you'd have to programme some third-party iOS synth to ouput the desired audio (to serve as CV) - then build a Lemur template to control that synth accordingly.

It strikes me as unwieldy, to say the least.

Unless the Brute LFO app is itself accessible for external control from Lemur? In that case, yr golden.

I see MIDI support is available as an in-app purchase - doesn't specify if input / ext control available. Contact the dev?

Phil999
Regular

Re: Is control voltage already possible and I didn't even kn

Post by Phil999 » 20 Jul 2014 16:47

today I looked at BruteLFO and TriggerBox, but haven't tested them myself yet. Using an interface attached to the iPad and the line or headphone output, I guess it should be possible to get 5V or more to control modules directly. Maybe a Lemur-Audulus combination could work as CV output? Or Audulus alone? I will check that out when I have some time.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro