Cubase, CC#s sent, midi channels ignored

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
octobersongs
Cubase, CC#s sent, midi channels ignored

Post by octobersongs » 19 Jun 2014 18:48

I have Cubase networked to several other Macs via Vienna Ensemble Pro (4.1.9) where many synth/samplers are instantiated, as well as having synths/samplers instantiated directly into the Cubase project.

In Lemur, I can have a pad with a CC# and channel assigned to it to initiate an action. Like, a pad assigned to CC# 70 on midi channel 1 (not the "Target" midi channel in the Lemur Editor, but the midi channel at the bottom of the MAPPING window, upper right in the Lemur Editor). This pad would mute a selected region in the project window when tapped. If I have a synth/sampler (networked or in the Cubase project) that I have "Midi Learned" a specific parameter (like Envelope Release) to be controlled with the same CC#, but a DIFFERENT midi channel (say, a slider in Lemur assigned to CC# 70, but on midi channel 4), the Envelope Release will be controlled by BOTH the slider (CC#70/Ch.4) AND and the pad (CC#70/Ch.1). It seems the way I have this, the midi channel is ignore and I'm restricted to using only CC#s 0 - 127. In the Device Setup in Cubase, midi channels ARE utilized allowing me to have effectively 16 x 128 controllers.

Is there a way around this without using OSC?
How are the midi channel #s at the bottom of the MAPPING window in the Lemur Editor employed?

The only way in my extremely limited experience with this, that I can see this working is to assign all the Cubase functions to OSC (key commands, OSCulator) and leave the CC#s for "Midi Learning" synths and samplers.

Thank you,

jc