Can a Switch Object control other Switches

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Prokat99
Can a Switch Object control other Switches

Post by Prokat99 » 18 Jun 2014 01:36

Hi,

I am mudding my way through an OSC setup with my X32 and Lemur. I have figured out a few things but know I am stuck.
First off, can I create a Switch Object that can control two other Switch Objects?
Each of the "slave" switches would be a mute on/off toggle (when slave Switch 1 is on, Switch 2 is off and vice versa).

If that is not possible, can Lemur send multiple messages via one switch?

Thank you,

Softcore
Regular

Re: Can a Switch Object control other Switches

Post by Softcore » 18 Jun 2014 09:10

EVERYTHING is possible......look at my signature for more! ;) (beginner scripts)

misk

Post by misk » 19 Jun 2014 16:58

Yeah totally! Softcore is kind of badass. I've been lurking for a LONG time on this forum, and the stuff he comes up with is damn fine.

it really depends on what you want to do - but you can have any object control any other object, to the point where you can make a switch (or anything else) pop up a sub-menu within an interface without changing interface tabs. really the scripting language is deep, and quite limitless. best suggestion would be to go through Softcore's beginner tutorials in his signature, and either print out the lemur guide, or keep a pdf of it open on your monitor for reference while you're learning.

I found that typing out the parser reference myself really helped me too - because i was forced to read and re-read all of the commands, and it gave me a better understanding of what's possible.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 19 Jun 2014 17:07

Thanks for the kind words Misk - just a note, Im merely just repeating what I've learnt from others in this forum and great Lemur script creators - all be it, sometimes by adding bits and pieces of my own. In simpler words, the credit is not mine - but rather, to a lot of people who contribute to these forums and the user library with their ideas and projects. ;)

misk

Post by misk » 19 Jun 2014 19:25

oh fully. like anything, we're building on the work of others. Antonio Blanca for sure, and the stuff Macczia(sp?) does with canvas is jaw-dropping. standing on the shoulders of giants, if you will.

back to the topic though - if you dig through the templates available for DL, you'll find quite a lot of great examples of expression and script usage, not to mention plenty of DOPE stuff that's really basic to implement.

Prokat99

Post by Prokat99 » 19 Jun 2014 22:19

Yes indeed!! Thanks guys, the beginner scripts are exactly what I needed.

Cheers!