Wallpapers for Lemur

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
MBM
Regular
Wallpapers for Lemur

Post by MBM » 11 Jun 2014 01:47

Hello, is there anyway to set a wallpaper for a Lemur project?

Thank you very much in advance.

Softcore
Regular

Re: Wallpapers for Lemur

Post by Softcore » 11 Jun 2014 07:43

if you mean a background image, canvas object is all we have at the moment

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 11 Jun 2014 09:19

Yes, that is what I mean, thank you. And how would it be possible?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 11 Jun 2014 11:31

Wellll......drawing things in canvas is what I mean.....Admittedly cumbersome though! To be sincere I never quite understood how would an on screen midi controller benefit from the imagery eye candy - I mean, I ve seen other midi controller designing apps which offer eye candy such as backgrounds etc etc. Its not my cup of tea and the fact that it really is just an aesthetic thing and not something functional really makes me not interested in it. I'd prefer, for example, Lemur future updates to offer anything else (or make th ecurrent features more robust) but I just wouldnt really use a "background" wallpaper feature.

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 11 Jun 2014 15:58

I agree, it´s just that I was thinking in "embellish" one of my projects. It´s not a need, actually. Thank you very much :-)

tyson19

Post by tyson19 » 11 Oct 2014 18:59

I got the same question :?:

How can I set the wallpaper?
Lemur 5.0.3
Wallpapers

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 11 Oct 2014 22:25

I tend to use backgrounds for plugin programmers (VST's inside a DAW). Before version 5 of Lemur I used to put a Pads object inside a transparent container with slightly bigger dimensions, so that it results in a simple square shape. Matched the on/off colors of the pad so that they look the same. Very primitive but it works. Now I started to use the Canvas object (Softcore, the Liine tutorials and other examples helped me here) which is much more flexible. Simple square shapes, straight lines, circles, arcs, text, etc. Also animations. The Canvas objects can be set to redraw on demand which makes it resource-friendly.

https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p17652
https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4543

There is no bitmap ("wallpaper") support in Lemur, and I believe it will stay so. I agree with Softcore that the main attractive thing in Lemur is its functionality. How it looks is not so important in general. Personally I put much work into the design, but that's normal for graphic designers and painters. This winter I will explore the Canvas object much more and redo many of my finished templates so that they look better and even become smaller in file size. Sometimes such reworking even uses less CPU.

There are certain templates that already look phantastic without Canvas objects. For example everything from Antonio Blanca.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro