select container tab with incoming midi data

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
gweston
select container tab with incoming midi data

Post by gweston » 09 Jun 2014 22:13

Hi

I am trying to figure out how to change the tab based on what track is selected in cubase. So basically it would just change the tab based on an incoming control change message.

I have searched and looked for an example that is close but I can not find anything that works off of incoming midi data,

I will be using the generic remote in cubase to send the data to lemur.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Phil999
Regular

Re: select container tab with incoming midi data

Post by Phil999 » 10 Jun 2014 00:07

there's the selecttab(object, index) command.

To make Cubase send data about the selected channel, the only way I found is to make an entry in the Generic Remote for each channel. One has to know the maximum possible amount of channels a Cubase project may have.

I have a template in the works for quite some time, which also uses the Cubase channel number to do things in Lemur. It's not ready yet, but maybe the Generic Remote xml could be helpful for you.
Attachments
channelplus05.zip
(6.47KiB)Downloaded 72 times
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

gweston

Post by gweston » 10 Jun 2014 03:36

Thank you.

I am fairly new to lemur. I can handle the cubase part I believe.

Would you happen to have a basic example of the selectable command in lemur? I just don't know how to use the command.

G

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 10 Jun 2014 09:48

The easiest way is to create another object that uses the script Phil posted above to select a tab and THEN midi map THAT object....

On how to create such an object - script....looky here ;)

https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3022