Sequencer Stutter! Iconnectmidi4+

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Mia79
Sequencer Stutter! Iconnectmidi4+

Post by Mia79 » 31 May 2014 20:03

Hi,

Using the Lemur Drum sequencer with a wired connection via iConnectmidi4+ and Cubase on PC.

Lemur is slaved to Cubase Midi Clock.

Works really well apart from every now and then, for no aparant reason the Drum sequencer "stutters" and "skips" for a moment and then locks back up!

Anyone with any clue as to what might be causing this - its pretty unusable as such :C

Im wondering if the iConnectmidi device could be compromised by having other midi devices being attached to the PC (both through my audio interface and usb ports) at the same time, but I cant imagine it being much use to people if that is the case! Im guessing the vast majority will depend upon being able to use their audio interface as per normal.

If not is it -
1. the Drum sequencer itself
2. lemurs ability to sync to clock
3. cubase ability to transmit clock
4. Iconnectmidi devices influence
5. user not being able to set it up correctly

I fear it that 5 is most likely here as im new to both Lemur and the iConnectmidi, neither of which could be described as simplistic.

Any info on the iConnectmidi4 is pretty scarce at the mo, hoping someone here knows whats up!

cheers

electrofux
Regular

Re: Sequencer Stutter! Iconnectmidi4+

Post by electrofux » 21 Jun 2014 13:04

I feel with you. I too have these problems both with the irig Midi and the iconnect. It only happens when Lemur is slaved.
I really would like to see someone post a video of Lemur slaved and running a couple of sequencers.
Thing is, i never was content with Midi Clock syncing on any device (especially apps) anyways but this stuttering is weird.

For example i am not able to sync this one properly:

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/478/

I contaced the devs and they said they have no problems at all.