How to get Lemur to send OSC messages and not OSC bundles

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Prokat99
How to get Lemur to send OSC messages and not OSC bundles

Post by Prokat99 » 29 May 2014 17:47

Hi,

I am trying to use Lemur to control my Behringer X32 digital mixer.
So far, I have been able to get TouchOSC to work perfectly, but Lemur will not work.
After lot's of trial and error, I now see that Lemur and TouchOSC are indeed sending the same exact message, but Lemur is packaging that message into a OSC Bundle while TouchOSC is just sending the message (/ch/01/mix/fader).

So I need to figure out how to tell Lemur to stop "bundling" this message and send it on it's own.

Any ideas?

Macciza
Regular

Re: How to get Lemur to send OSC messages and not OSC bundle

Post by Macciza » 30 May 2014 03:41

The real solution for this is for the X32 to deal with OSC Bundles it should be doing this anyway.
There is no setting that will make lemur send unbundled messages.
The only possible solution I can think of would be a conversion app of which are available that I know of.
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Prokat99

Re: How to get Lemur to send OSC messages and not OSC bundle

Post by Prokat99 » 30 May 2014 13:43

Yes, the weak link is infact the X32.

What a long couple of weeks to figure that out.
Well, I understand code/OSC way much better than I use to. Thank you for all your help. I am going to hound Behringer for some updated OSC options.

For now, I am using Osculator as a "re-mapper." So far, it's working great.

Thank you!