using LEDS with PADS

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
gbetzner
using LEDS with PADS

Post by gbetzner » 30 Apr 2014 18:03

I use Lemur to control stops with organ program Hauptwerk. The program allows organ stops to be turned on by "note on" message and off with "note off". This is easily done with a PAD, however,when the PAD is released the stop would normally turn off (PAD release sends note off message). Hauptwerk allows the stop to be toggled and thus remain on until the PAD is pressed again. In other cases it is necessary to not toggle the stop control when using for example, which of the three pair of keyboards from a three manual organ can be chosen when playing from a two physical keyboards. I have attempted to use switches and selected radio in the latter case but is difficult to operate. I usually use the PAD without toggling but then I lose the indication of which pair I have chosen. My question is, can an LED be associated with each stop PAD and be toggled to indicate whether the stop or pair of keyboards are engaged. The PAD itself will not indicate this in its own Thanks for any suggestions

Softcore
Regular

Re: using LEDS with PADS

Post by Softcore » 30 Apr 2014 18:57

Ok Im not sure what you are after but it is easy for a set of PADs (lol, I read your post before you corrected it, and I was scratching my head) to send the messages they send AND look visually like a set of RADIO switches...will that do?

gbetzner

Post by gbetzner » 01 May 2014 15:52

thanks for the reply. I already use the PADS, one for each stop (set of organ pipes) the main problem is to have the indication which sets have been selected as once the finger has been removed the pad no longer remains lighted (as with a switch which will remain lit until touched again). The second problem is created using the keyboard choices. Four combinations are possible. These can be grouped together as a 4X1 matrix using switches as 1 row 4 columns. Using the radio function with switches, the switch selects one of the four, turning the others off. Setting the switches requires the switches on then off which cannot be done easily with the grouping. I would like basically to have a means of associating an LED to indicate which switch or PAD is actively in control.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 01 May 2014 22:43

Ok so, I dont understand,why not have switches but NOT in radio mode?

Possibly because you cant just turn on allfour of them? Then why not script it so that when two are turned on the rest are going off....if you want send an example template and describe the behavior you want and Im sure we ll find a solution

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 02 May 2014 07:32

And here's why, the Led solution won't be exactly what you need
(two examples inside, one with LEDs)
Attachments
example.jzml
(6.45KiB)Downloaded 106 times

gbetzner

Post by gbetzner » 02 May 2014 18:16

Thanks Softcore
The Pad2 example with 4 PADs having an LED associated with each is almost what I need. Is it possible that PAD(m) can be associated with LED(m), then if PAD(3), say, is tapped, then LED(3) is lit. Can a loop be set up so that LED (1,2 and 4) are either turned off if already on (lit) or stay off if already off, and so on for the other 3 PADs. This would give me the indication of which of the possible choices I used. I am sorry but I only know a little about programing terminology and syntax.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 05 May 2014 12:57

here you go! Both examples work as requested
Attachments
example2.jzml
(6.49KiB)Downloaded 116 times

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 05 May 2014 12:59

Although i still dont get some details of how this is useful for you...I thought you wanted more than one LED lit in some occasions....

gbetzner

Post by gbetzner » 06 May 2014 18:52

Thanks again.
Both are exactly what what I need. In the "example" set, this works to indicate which Stop (set of pipes) I am choosing, which may not change and I can have more than one stop "on". The "example2" set is what is needed for choosing which pair of keyboards for a three or more keyboard virtual organ I am using with only two keyboards at my disposal. I have to select two of the possible Keyboard, which I must know which have been selected. Hauptwerk uses what are called floating keyboards to select which have been chosen. I hope now I have been able to let you understand why it is difficult to explain my need Thanks immensely.
Gbetzner