bug? oscout causing output on load

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
oldgearguy
Regular
Re: bug? oscout causing output on load

Post by oldgearguy » 01 May 2014 12:33

newtfish wrote:Hi oldgearguy,

Im interested to find out how you use the "startup dont send midi" function. From what I can see, if I use an "init" script to determine when the template has loaded, this actually fires before some of the objects are fully loaded, so there is no way to know the "end point" of when everything is loaded. Are you using a timer for this or something else?
A combination of things. First - the default (initialized) version of the dontSEND flag is 1. So when the template loads, by default no MIDI goes out. I have an onload() script that does a few things - mainly initializing some data and then it sets midi clock 7 to 120 BPM and starts it. I have a second script that triggers on clock 7, 1/4 note that does more heavy lifting - it calls additional startup functionality that I need ('drawing' my initial algorithm configuration, setting sliders and knobs to reasonable default values, etc). It also stops clock 7 to prevent multiple invocations. You might have to play around with the BPM and trigger interval to ensure the onload() stuff is OK. Once all that work is done and I know my template is now in a stable, known state, I set the dontSEND flag to 0 as the last statement in that second script.

eccecello

Re: bug? oscout causing output on load

Post by eccecello » 07 Aug 2014 09:56

hallo, i am interested on this. as my template sends out a lot of midi data when loaded.
is there a way to mute everyting on load (midi and osc)??

i've seen the MUTEosc, but i wonder how to do the same with midi.

thanks!