Live 9 looking for new adventure...

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
lmxsprzxjx
Live 9 looking for new adventure...

Post by lmxsprzxjx » 13 Mar 2014 21:33

Good day I bought the program a week ago, but could not find a suitable template for drum and bass music or trap.I already own a akai ap40 but I would like to have a little more freedom in live performance and I think that's the right platform.I could not find enough good video with live performances and instructions.I would appreciate if you share your templates and what effects the way that you run your ipad.Sorry if I post in the wrong section but I really could not find a good video besides quite old by Dubspot in youtube.

lmxsprzxjx

Re: Live 9 looking for new adventure...

Post by lmxsprzxjx » 21 Mar 2014 14:44

there is no good dj template ?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 21 Mar 2014 15:11

The strength pf Lemur is the fact you get to design your OWN surface as you see fit. That means, that besides some "generic" approach which you can find in the user library, noone will have the exact same needs with you so noone will ever have a DJ-live template that will be what you want.

Case in point: my working template for Ableton Live

Page 1 - modular surface which is set to control either tracks A,B,C,D with their DJ-style 3-band EQs (low, mid, high) or tracks A,B,C,D, percloops, bassloops, synth1, synth2, and all their effects, mutes and sends. Also some pop up containers contain controls for track navigation, loop on - off for selected clip, BPM control etc etc
page 2 - 8 more tracks of a custom built drum sequencer with Live's sampler - with lemur I can change between 127 drum kits (each drum sample mapped to "zones" of Live's sampler) with attack-decay settings for each drum sound, pitch down or up, randomize options, send effects, mutes, etc etc. The whole thing is then sequenced by a custom MaxForLive sequencer for Launchpad. (although this might change soon thanks to the new sequencer objects of Lemur)
Page 3- SEND Effects controls with 4 multiballs and various options for physics, side-chained reverbs, filtered delays etc etc
Page 4 - Pad midi keyboard which controls Synth1 and Synth 2 and I can also "record" my playing on the fly to "loopers" and then I can change synth presets and overdub
page 5 - mTonic plug in interface
page 6 - mTonic plug in 8 tracks out mixer, mutes, sends etc etc
page 7 - some global options and a mousepad

As you understand, this template is COMPLETELY useless to you...We dont work the same way, on the same software (or with the same set up of the software), or even with the same goals in mind...To me, this template is a complete studio in my laptop controlled with Lemur...to you its just a colorful nada. ;)
Last edited by Softcore on 21 Mar 2014 15:18, edited 2 times in total.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 21 Mar 2014 15:13

Also, have you seen Live Control 2? its a Lemur template which transforms your Lemur into a Live-dedicated controller. ;)