Switch containers

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Good_Loops
Switch containers

Post by Good_Loops » 12 Mar 2014 20:28

Newbie here, didn't find an answer when searching "switch container"

Is it possible to switch containers? Like have a button or a menu that when selected a different container shows up?

Best
Hans
Good Loops - Guitar Kitchen Vol. 1 - indie singer-songwriter acoustic guitar loop sample library for Kontakt, AppleLoops, ACIDized wavs and rex2

mmake

Re: Switch containers

Post by mmake » 12 Mar 2014 20:41

Containers can have pages. Just right click to make it 'tabbed', then make new tabs. You can change tabs by pressing them.

Good_Loops

Post by Good_Loops » 12 Mar 2014 21:06

That's great, thank you so much!

Next controller here I come!

Best
Hans
Good Loops - Guitar Kitchen Vol. 1 - indie singer-songwriter acoustic guitar loop sample library for Kontakt, AppleLoops, ACIDized wavs and rex2

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 13 Mar 2014 07:05

On the subject of showing - hiding objects however keep in mind you can indeed do that with the function

show(object, state)

Where state=0 will hide an object and state=1 will show it.

So for example if yoy have two objects Fader1, and Fader2 and you want to display each one of them with the push of a switch, lets name it Switch1 you can add a script:

on expression, Switch1.x, any
show('Fader1', Switch.x);
show('Fader2', 1-Switch.x);

or if the script resides inside the switch
on expression, x, any
show('Fader1', x);
show('Fader2', 1-x);

Will display the two faders aternatively.

;)

Good_Loops

Post by Good_Loops » 14 Mar 2014 10:10

Is it possible to use scripts to switch containers tabs?

If so, forgive me, I'm not a coder and don't quite understand how to translate what you wrote into a script that could switch that tabs.

Best
Hans

Good_Loops

Post by Good_Loops » 14 Mar 2014 12:30

I was gonna go outside to get a cappuccino but now I have to go through figuring this out. Thanks. :twisted:

j/k - seriously: thank you, I think this is exactly what I needed. Now let's all hope that I understand it... :-)

Best
Hans

Good_Loops

Post by Good_Loops » 14 Mar 2014 13:02

I'm now using pads to switch the tabs as I also need the software instrument I'm controlling to switch it's modules.

Is it possible for 1 pad to send out 2 different MIDI messages?

Good_Loops

Post by Good_Loops » 14 Mar 2014 13:53

Sorry, talking to myself here.

Figured it out. midiout in the scripts does the trick of course. Took me a while to find the correct message because documentation here isn't that comprehensive.

And just in time to have my cappuccino after all. :-)

Thank you for helping out!!

Best
Hans