Lemur 5

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
oldgearguy
Regular
Re: Lemur 5

Post by oldgearguy » 19 Mar 2014 08:57

Traxus wrote:
oldgearguy wrote: I also ran into this (see my posts a page or two back) and with liberal use of findobject() and getexpression() you can pretty much keep your data structure intact and use very similar code to access the info. I personally hate very long if..then..else constructs, so I worked hard to avoid that kind of code duplication.
Haven't messed with findobject yet, but it loos as though it takes a string of an objects node path as a paramater (rather than a raw object node path as per setexpression() or most other functions)?
Right, but without re-quoting everything from earlier, if you pick the names appropriately, you can do things like findobject('container'+n) where n varies from 0 to whatever. So you get the variability in accessing/finding objects so that you can then use getexpression/setexpression and the combination gives you the same result as the old (unsupported/more direct notation) of:

decl ct = myContainer;
ct.knob2.x;

which no longer works.

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 19 Mar 2014 10:43

Yet another Lemur 5 question - I hope this doesn't get lost...

I noticed when looking through and editing the .jzml file that the first object in a container no longer has a separate ID. Is this a change on purpose, or is it simply an oversight?

The reason for asking is that I thought the ID was how Lemur distinguished between the objects. If the change is purposeful, how can you track that object in the contianer, especially of the ordering changes using 'bring to front'/'send to back' ??

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 20 Mar 2014 11:44

oldgearguy wrote:
Traxus wrote:
oldgearguy wrote: I also ran into this (see my posts a page or two back) and with liberal use of findobject() and getexpression() you can pretty much keep your data structure intact and use very similar code to access the info. I personally hate very long if..then..else constructs, so I worked hard to avoid that kind of code duplication.
Haven't messed with findobject yet, but it loos as though it takes a string of an objects node path as a paramater (rather than a raw object node path as per setexpression() or most other functions)?
Right, but without re-quoting everything from earlier, if you pick the names appropriately, you can do things like findobject('container'+n) where n varies from 0 to whatever. So you get the variability in accessing/finding objects so that you can then use getexpression/setexpression and the combination gives you the same result as the old (unsupported/more direct notation) of:

decl ct = myContainer;
ct.knob2.x;

which no longer works.
We are implementing an explicit findchild() function in 5.0.2 to reference objects in (nested) Containers.

mat
Regular

Post by mat » 22 Mar 2014 13:54

Hey,

although a little late and unspecific,
I just want to compliment Liine to the latest update!

Sequencing objects! Triggered on clock :D :D
...waitin for that since JMdays.
And that new very flexible Canvas object...
Can´t wait to lay my hands on it 8-)

However, will wait till next update (bugfix), as I read about some trouble on Windows
(lol....this got a quite tradition on lemur software, äh? ;) )
Hopefully @content for text will be fixed, need it hardly for Sequencomat.

Anyway - great update!
Thanks guys

g*mat
Lemur modules and sequencer: http://music-interface.com
Setup: Win7professional 32bit, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,66 GHz.,Tascam US-144MKII, Ableton Live 8.4,
Arturia Analog Lab., Max/Msp, Maxforlive, Lemur Legacy + Ipad, Akai MPK61, Doepfer Pocket Control