Lemur 5

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
saveas
Re: Lemur 5

Post by saveas » 11 Mar 2014 13:17

Minor Bug:
The in-app editor lacks the onRedraw script execution trigger. As a result, a new Canvas related drawing script cannot be created in-app.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 11 Mar 2014 16:23

v5 editor
I know my eyes aint what they used to be but the text in the script editor and any editable field becomes distorted when the pane is enlarged in fact the script editors first 2 characters are only readable when the editor is 1inch wide .i'm on xp by the way.

crashing too as previously reported by phil999

editor crashes when checking the anti alias box

i have unchecked the anti alias box in the in app editor and these radial/rotary templates now download to the editor without a crash, looks like thats could be yer problem
Last edited by wul on 11 Mar 2014 21:00, edited 2 times in total.

matias_thinKing

Post by matias_thinKing » 11 Mar 2014 20:01

thank you for the continued support and TLC the Lemur receives, Nick / Liine Team. I look forward to playing around with the new ver

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 11 Mar 2014 23:48

I tested around a bit with the sequencers. The timing is pretty spot on especially when used wired. Over Wifi (no adhoc) it wasn't that tight though still alot better than it used to be.

There is one thing that is a bit annoying and that is the little hickup when the Clock sending Apllication (in my case Reason) is going through a loop. Seems like Step 1 is triggered twice when the Song Pointer jumps from the right to the left loop marker. I have checked for the correct loop setting.
Maybe it is Reason, maybe something is intepreted as a clock pulse that shouldnt be. Can someone check this with another program? I am using the iconnect midi2+ without the daemon running. You can even see the little hickup on the Lemur.

Edit: checked Genome slaved to Reason and the hickup doesnt appear.

Also the provided sequencers seem to not respond to stop messages. They keep on running when stop in the sequencer is pressed. Is this because they are coded this way?

whatisvalis
Regular

Post by whatisvalis » 12 Mar 2014 02:58

With the update how do i now do the following?

MIDI_ARGS=display.value;

display is an expression

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 12 Mar 2014 08:13

@ wul

Thats what I tried last night but it was still crashing on me....Can you give, please a step-by-step procedure - perhaps Im missing something. Again, for others too, trying to find a way to upload radial object canvas templates to the desktop Windows editor without it crashing.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 12 Mar 2014 09:05

Hi
Have you tried using iTunes File Management to move the file?
That should at least get it to your PC, and try opening from there?
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 12 Mar 2014 09:27

I loaded the radial or rotary objects into lemur on ipad 2 then immediately entered edit mode and selected the radial/rotary objects and deselected the anti-alias option.
Then in the lemur editor I used the usual connection method highlighted my iPads IP address then pressed download .
The template is now in the editor .
But I have to say the image in the editor is out of proportion , furthermore I modified one of the scripts to try and create a round button which whilst ok on the ipad , only part of it is visible in the editor regardless of the size of the canvas object.
In the most of it is always outside the boundary of the canvas object.

The distorted script and field text is causing problems even the name of the template in the title bar of the window is barely readable

The editor will crash immediately if the anti-alias option is selected

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 12 Mar 2014 10:45

Regarding the hick-up of the Sequencers when slaved to Midi Clock and running through a loop, i am on an Ipad2 if that matters.

Hope there is a solution to this. With short loops this is a problem.

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 12 Mar 2014 16:07

electrofux wrote:I tested around a bit with the sequencers. The timing is pretty spot on especially when used wired. Over Wifi (no adhoc) it wasn't that tight though still alot better than it used to be.

There is one thing that is a bit annoying and that is the little hickup when the Clock sending Apllication (in my case Reason) is going through a loop. Seems like Step 1 is triggered twice when the Song Pointer jumps from the right to the left loop marker. I have checked for the correct loop setting.
Maybe it is Reason, maybe something is intepreted as a clock pulse that shouldnt be. Can someone check this with another program? I am using the iconnect midi2+ without the daemon running. You can even see the little hickup on the Lemur.

Edit: checked Genome slaved to Reason and the hickup doesnt appear.

Also the provided sequencers seem to not respond to stop messages. They keep on running when stop in the sequencer is pressed. Is this because they are coded this way?
There are a couple different ways to handle clock start/stop/run messages, we've tried to accomodate for all cases but there might be some particularities about the way Reason handles clock messages.

Does this problem occur with other DAWs, or only with Reason?