Display a counter value with Lemur

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
g-rome
Display a counter value with Lemur

Post by g-rome » 01 Mar 2014 14:37

Hi,
I need help,
I use Ableton Live9 and Lemur on ipad.

I want to display on Lemur a counter that is in synch with the BPM in ableton and increment the value at each time from 1 to 8.
Once it gets to 8 counter restarts to value 1 and so on.

If someone could help me to resolve this.

Thanks in advance for help.

Softcore
Regular

Re: Display a counter value with Lemur

Post by Softcore » 01 Mar 2014 23:53

Not exactly what you asked but here's a bit taken off my "larger" live-DJ rig template.

https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 040&p=7798

edit: once mapped, it works bi-directionally

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 01 Mar 2014 23:56

Oh sorry, I now get what you want...you want a counter not BPM display....sorry....my above answer is highly irrelevant

Well, you can use a midi clip in Ableton Live, send note on - offs to Lemur and count those. If you have trouble with scripting the thing let me know and I'll mock up an example.

g-rome

Post by g-rome » 02 Mar 2014 00:04

Softcore wrote:Oh sorry, I now get what you want...you want a counter not BPM display....sorry....my above answer is highly irrelevant

Well, you can use a midi clip in Ableton Live, send note on - offs to Lemur and count those. If you have trouble with scripting the thing let me know and I'll mock up an example.
Which Lemur gadget should I use for this ?
Text, or surface LCD?

If you have an example of code for this it would be great?

thanks for help,

Jerome

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 02 Mar 2014 00:36

Ok havent tested this but it "should" work!

How to set it up - its set to receive on Lemur target 0. Notice the midiIN script.

Also notice that it is set to "count" whenever it receives a note-on of midi 64, midi channel 1. You can set it to receive to any note on you desire by changing the constant "Note IN" (look in the project window of desktop editor)

Τhe script then increments another value, named "count" which is then displayed on a monitor object.

Now, in what speed it will count, it all depends on what notes you will send to it - make a sequence of 16nth notes - and it will count 1 to 8 in half bar - send it 8th notes and it will count 1-8 in a whole bar etc etc. Please make sure though that in your midi clip the note "ends" are not adjacent to the next note start (disable snap if you have to and shorten the notes so that each note starts distinctly after the end of the previous note)

Let me know if it works! ;)
Attachments
counter.jzml
(1.52KiB)Downloaded 150 times

g-rome

Post by g-rome » 02 Mar 2014 03:30

I had to make few tweaks but it works!!!

Here is attached the files with the small config changes I did.

Thanks again for help.
Attachments
counter1.jzml
(1.52KiB)Downloaded 163 times

Ironlion

Post by Ironlion » 21 Sep 2014 21:47

I'm looking for a counter that will track (with) the global quantization (gq) value and display an animated pie graph. At the bottom of Ableton's tracks in session view, there are little animated pie graphs that count down to the end of a clip. In order to be able to quickly see when my next clip record will begin, I create an empty midi recording that matches the gq value (i.e., 4 bars) and then I have a tiny count in graph.

That won't work on stage however. I need something much larger. Can this be done in Lemur? Is there any other software that could do it in a window on the computer itself (I've looked and haven't found anything).

I wish this was built into ableton. I looked at the max for live devices and no one has created this.

Thanks!