jazzmutant lemur sold for 455 on ebay

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
matias_thinKing
jazzmutant lemur sold for 455 on ebay

Post by matias_thinKing » 11 Feb 2014 18:10

This is baffling to me ... ebay listing

do people not realize they can buy an ipad that does all the jazzmutant lemur can do, plus ... well it's an ipad? ...plus they can get support from Liine?

I admit, it wasn't until I got an iPad that I found out Liine existed, but if I wanted a product so much that I'd fork over half a grand for it, I think a little research before proceeding is absolutely a must! lol

Phil999
Regular

Re: jazzmutant lemur sold for 455 on ebay

Post by Phil999 » 11 Feb 2014 18:19

it may still have its use. It's bigger, maybe more robust, and has an ethernet connection. For a live situation these are real advantages.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 11 Feb 2014 18:23

Maybe they want the pressure sensitivity.

There does seem to be a huge knowledge gap on behalf of consumers regarding lemur and the ipad though; it's very rare that I see a that I don't laugh to myself when I see the release of some new hardware controller (those keith mcmillen ones really get me rolling though).

I think the industry is quietly trying to ignore it and hope it will go away; what did it take, 3 months for wul to clone push?.. and I had a controller for serato running 6 months prior to the release of their app and did about 80% of what they did without the benefit of midi out. And who on earth would ever buy a launchpad if they knew a $250 investment would get them that and Push and just about anything else?

matias_thinKing

Post by matias_thinKing » 11 Feb 2014 23:41

Phil999 wrote:it may still have its use. It's bigger, maybe more robust, and has an ethernet connection. For a live situation these are real advantages.
you're right. ethernet on the iPad would be nothing short of miraculous, and I had no idea the legacy lemur had 2.5 extra inches in diagonal length.

I re-read my post and I just want to clarify I wasn't trying to be offensive in any way, btw .. just hard for me to understand the giant price tag on the old buddy! silly of me to assume it was due to lack of research on the buyer's part though since Phil's points are very valid (and I was the one with lack of information).

GV1

Post by GV1 » 12 Feb 2014 00:43

I purchased a Lemur for £1600. It was never used, but I've seen some go for more at the time. 3 months later the Lemur app came out for the iPad. I was gutted. It's still boxed up as I use the iPad version now. The only reason I won't sell it is because it pains me to lose so much on it.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 12 Feb 2014 09:08

Hmmm
I got mine, with Dexter for about $800 a few years ago. . .
It was available, I kinda had the money etc . .

And yeah the Ethernet and Form-factor just made it worth it .. .
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]