lemur newbie questions

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
JES
lemur newbie questions

Post by JES » 02 Feb 2014 14:53

Hi There,

Sorry for the double post, but I had to post in the welcome forum first, even though this is the place to ask the question.

I am trying to set up a template. Here are the things I would like to do:

copy and paste pages (so I could have a couple fader pages without doing them both by hand)
"save as" so I can take an existing template and modify it.

I would love to do this directly on the iPad, or failing that, in the OSX Lemur editor.

Finally, is there a way to evenly align and space out buttons in the OSX Lemur editor or somewhere else? All the layouts I do by hand on the iPad look terrible because I have trouble getting everything aligned evenly.

I am running Lemur on an iPad1.

Thank you.

Softcore
Regular

Re: lemur newbie questions

Post by Softcore » 04 Feb 2014 16:59

Everything you ask for, is clearly there in the desktop editor. Consult the Lemur user manual if you havent done so yet!

JES

Re: lemur newbie questions

Post by JES » 04 Feb 2014 19:07

Thanks. I seem to have it figured out.

One other newbie question, though: the manual seems to suggest I need to use some kind of MIDI interface to connect the iPad to my laptop through a wired connection. Here's the quote from p10:
• Liine recommends using iConnect MIDI, although many other devices will also work. Be sure to familiarize with the specifications of your MIDI interface. The Alesis iO Dock, for example, blocks all SYSEX messages.
• The Apple Cammera Connection Kit and a compliant MIDI interface may be used.
Most MIDI interfaces output into a MIDI cable (eg M Audio UNO), so then I need TWO Midi interfaces, one from the iPad and one coming into the computer in order for this to work? I understand the need for MIDI translation if I'm hooking it up to my Octatrack, but for controlling Live this seems a little kludgy compared to just plugging it in.

Is there a simpler way to connect just using a lightning cable from the iPad to the Macbook?

I have no trouble doing it wirelessly, but I was thinking in terms of saving on battery life.

Thank you.