Looping clip rows/scenes automatically ON/OFF function

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
UniFly
Looping clip rows/scenes automatically ON/OFF function

Post by UniFly » 02 Feb 2014 07:07

Hi,

How to loop more than one row/scene? Maybe by sending messages every X seconds (to press the clips) or something like that?

I want to refuse arrangement view in Live.

UniFly

Re: Looping clip rows/scenes automatically ON/OFF function

Post by UniFly » 08 Mar 2014 10:14

OnFrame is the answer.
You can have delay between midiout messages. So you can loop your track (or track part) in session view. It's more fun than listening one loop when making music or switching clips manually.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 10 Mar 2014 11:10

It all depends on what you have already set up....

It would be, for example, hard to send repeated messages for looping if you dont have, before hand, defined specific midi messages for firing clips. And even then, it gets ugly without py scripts.

Here's what I've done:
I have a launchpad which I use to trigger clips.
I have set up "pad" buttons which are mapped to track "selectors" (in midi mapping mode, you just map them to the "name" of the track). This way, everytime I tap on a "sel track x" pad, the track is selected. Furthermore, the litle "play" counter is ALSO midi mappable and if you map anything to it, then by tapping it, the "currently playing" clip of that track is selected.

Therefore, my track selection pads are also mapped to the litle "counters" at the bottom of each track. This way, when I tap on a "select track x" pad, the track is selected, and IF any clip is currently playing on that track, the clip is selected and the bottom view of Live displays that clip. Ok up to this? OK.

Now my next mapping is simply the loop start - end buttons. This way I can navigate through a prefixed number of tracks (but not prefixed number of clips), easily select any playing clip within the project, and loop it if I so choose to, by taping the loop start - end buttons.

if you dont have a matrix based controller like Launchpad to fire clips, you can also create "navigation" buttons and a "trigger selected clip" button to map them too.

UniFly

Post by UniFly » 17 Mar 2014 22:52

Thanks for your comment. I'm thinking about one idea to monitor clip starting and stopping time by capturing button pressing (if Lemur will repeat this automatically after record then will be good..). Maybe did you try to make something like that or just have some ideas?