Do I need Lemur?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
facon
Do I need Lemur?

Post by facon » 30 Jan 2014 15:15

I'm looking for a midi solution for my guitar pedal board wiring. I currently have a foot controller (GigRig Pro 14 Midi) that will send PCs. I have a couple pedals that don't have presets (Moogerfoogers), but all of the parameters are controllable via midi CCs. I have an iPad and an Alesis iodock. Can I do the following with my rig and Lemur? Is this the right app for me to purchase or is there a better route for my needs?

I need to create a custom layout to control the parameters of my pedals.
I need to be able to store presets within these layouts. I want to save specific settings I have made for each pedal.
I want to send PCs from my footswitch to the iodock and iPad that can be recognized to change through the preset patches.
The change in preset patches would need to automatically send the midi CC to my pedals to change the parameters.

The following is the information from my footswitch:

This Special Pro 14 GigRig outputs Standard Midi codes when the foot switches are pressed. (Midi Din connector on left side). The same Midi codes are also generated in Mode 2; however, this time, when the switch are released.

Technical.

The Midi codes generated are momentary program change codes from 0-15. All three Midi bytes are output. (Status Byte is fixed 11000000)(Data Program Change example = 00000011) (Data Byte 2 is fixed 10000000).

Softcore
Regular

Re: Do I need Lemur?

Post by Softcore » 31 Jan 2014 09:45

If I got it correctly we are looking at sets of:
pre-defined CC values, ready to be "fired" to your pedals, when your footswitch sends a "trigger" Program Change message.

Perfectly doable though you need to dive a bit deep into Lemur scripting to achieve it. The community here will always be a helping hand though! ;)