Newbie wifi requirement to set up?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Vas
Newbie wifi requirement to set up?

Post by Vas » 29 Jan 2014 21:26

Hello,

I bought Lemur for iPad (Air) and enChord and in the process of also getting reChorder. I was looking at the Lemur site for the requirements but had no luck. I understand that Lemur works with the CoreMidi and iConnectMIDI2+ which I have. I have spent 6 hours trying to get it to work. My Windows 7 PC has a wired internet connection and no WiFi. I could not find anywhere that the Wi-Fi on the PC is a must and not just an alternate to a USB connection.

I am beginning to think that the Wifi is a requirement to set things up. Is this so? Once setup will the Wi-Fi still be required? If so what then does the iConectMIDI2+ do?

I also tried to open the Lemur Daemon but had no luck. I tried everything and failed so this forum is the last resort. Realizing there are LTTR, Limited Time and Talent Resources it would be nice to have a setup wizard for folks like me.

Desperate! Please help.
23" 10-touch Monitor, iPad Air - IconnectMIDI2+, Windows 10- 64bit, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2, Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, Firebox, Cubase 7.5, Sonar Platinum, S1 2, Reaper 5, Komplete 8, Lumur, Iris 2.

Softcore
Regular

Re: Newbie wifi requirement to set up?

Post by Softcore » 06 Feb 2014 13:25

You should be able to use iConnect2 - wi-fi is not a prerequisit, and I dont think Daemon is even needed since you are going the "wired" way (iConnect).

All in all you just have to set the Lemur target to iConnect and then use the iConnect ports in your PC as the midi ports for your to-be-controlled software.