Detecting Interface Tab Change

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Refrochia
Detecting Interface Tab Change

Post by Refrochia » 24 Jan 2014 00:20

Hi There!

Quick question - is it possible to trigger a script based on a change in the selected tab within an interface?

I've got an interface with 4 tabs that I need different things to happen when a different tab is selected.

I've checked the getattributlist for the object but there is nothing listed that I think could be used for this.

Thanks
R

Softcore
Regular

Re: Detecting Interface Tab Change

Post by Softcore » 24 Jan 2014 15:25

current_interface is a buit-in variable (also displayed in the project's list of internal variables in desktop editor)

So you could use for your interface-triggered script

on expression, current_interface, any

Not sure what you mean tabs within a interface though - in Lemur language the top row tabs are called "interfaces" - when you add an "interface", you add a tab. The exact word "tab" is used in Lemur language for tabbed containers.

So are you asking for container tabs or the top "tabs" of Lemur (interfaces)?

Refrochia

Post by Refrochia » 24 Jan 2014 19:05

Ah! Thanks Softcore and sorry for any confusion. It was a tabbed container.

Cheers
R

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 26 Jan 2014 20:19

You cant "monitor" which tab container is visible at any time, BUT you "can" monitor a pad, or switch or menu that "controls" which tab of a container is visible and therefore know which one is (by scripts)

Furthermore you can even "midi map" the above controls so that you can control which tab is visible at any time with midi

Here is some examples

http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3022