I think I just made a big mistake

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
CharlieDog
I think I just made a big mistake

Post by CharlieDog » 09 Jan 2014 15:39

I just bought Lemur solely to control Animoog and cannot get it to show up in Animoog Midi In.

Can someone help me! Please

I saw several templates for running Animoog on you tube but don't see any on this site.

Did I just waste $25?

Softcore
Regular

Re: I think I just made a big mistake

Post by Softcore » 10 Jan 2014 00:27

I think some users have reported problems like yours with Loopy and other apps - I also think there is a workaround using Midibridge or another free app which i really cant recall right now....I'll check for more info tomorrow and let you know

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 10 Jan 2014 00:37

Ok I just made a quick test....

I created a lemur template with a few pads to send note on messages
Opened animoog and enabled midi in - Network session 1
In Lemur, I assigned lemur target output to Animoog IN
Tapped on the pads and whatta ya know - it works

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 10 Jan 2014 00:43

Yup, it all works...just mapped a knob to the filter cut off frequency too! ;)

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 10 Jan 2014 08:35

of course it works. We need more details about the problems the thread starter is having.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

CharlieDog

Post by CharlieDog » 10 Jan 2014 19:21

Thanks so much guys. I don't know much about midi on my iPad, duh. Other apps showed up in the Animoog setup window by name, I.e., like StepPolyArp.

Now that I know it is possible I will study the set up videos on YouTube before asking other questions. For example I really don't know what template means in Lemur. Before I ask any more dumb questions I owe it to you to study up on my own so I don't waste your time. When I didn't get any responses for a while I was a little disheartened, so as I said thanks a lot.

What I am trying to do is make animoog play some randomly generated phrases that I can manipulate into some kind of music. Out of all the ipad apps, and I have a bunch, I still like the sound quality of animoog the best!

Thanks

I'll be back!

Paul