Multislider: Can individual sliders be shown/hidden?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Refrochia
Multislider: Can individual sliders be shown/hidden?

Post by Refrochia » 07 Jan 2014 14:45

Hi all

Hoping someone can answer a quick (noob) question:

Can individual sliders of a multislider be shown/hidden?

I'm guessing not as theres nothing in the manual and I cant get it to work based on my understanding of the syntax (which maybe wrong?!). I've tried:
show(MultiSlider.x[0],0);
but nothing happens.
show(MultiSlider.x,0); works but obviously hides the entire object which I dont want.

Thanks
R

Phil999
Regular

Re: Multislider: Can individual sliders be shown/hidden?

Post by Phil999 » 07 Jan 2014 14:58

I'm not sure, but what is possible is to use colours. A dark (black) colour for the slider you want to hide. If you want to hide sliders completely, so that no input can be made, there's always the option to show/hide/move for example a black pad object on top of the MultiSlider object.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Refrochia

Post by Refrochia » 07 Jan 2014 15:20

Hi Phil

Thanks for the quick reply!

I would want to disable input. Didnt think about placing another object over the top so thanks for that altough i was trying to avoid increasing the number of objects unnecessarily. The pie chart thingy is already at 19% and i'm only creating the first of 4 instances within the template im working on (sequencer controller for the DSI Evolver/PloyEvolver) so conscious of that. Fortunately, the first instance is almost complete - only the sliders and the sysex input to sort.

I'm wondering whether it would be best to have 16 x 1 slider multisliders rather than 1 x 16 slider multislider and 16 additional objects (for hiding sliders). Any thoughts on that?

Thanks
R

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 07 Jan 2014 21:45

Why dont you use a script to "disable" a desired slider by constantly "re-setting" it to the current value?

Refrochia

Post by Refrochia » 08 Jan 2014 00:47

Hi Softcore

Thanks for the reply although that wouldn't work for what I want to do (if I understand you correctly).

Basically, I'm creating a template for the Evolver sequncers which allows note or various parameters as the destination. I've created a view for the note input and I want to use the sliders for everything else. When a step has a rest set, I'd like to disable input for that slider but also hide the slider from view.

TBH I'm going to forge ahead and use 16 x 1 slider multisliders. Having thought about it a bit more I think that will be easier as I have 2 buttons per slider that also need hiding/showing so I'll just wrap them in a container.

Another question - I need a script that needs to be able to identify if a container is shown or hidden. Is this possible and if so how? i've been trying getattribute(Container,'shown'); but no joy. I'm going to work round this, for now, with a variable that changes when the shown attribute changes and I'll just read that. Not very elegant though.

Thanks
R

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 13 Jan 2014 20:19

Refrochia wrote: I'm going to work round this, for now, with a variable that changes when the shown attribute changes and I'll just read that. Not very elegant though.
R
Well, thats how I do it... ;)