Newbie question -- is there a way to convert incoming MIDI

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Mclagett
Newbie question -- is there a way to convert incoming MIDI

Post by Mclagett » 04 Jan 2014 14:13

Hi --

Trying to determine if I should buy this software for my needs. Wondering if there is likely to be a straightforward way to map incoming Control Change messages from my foot pedal to the actual messages needed to control an ipad sequencer like Auria or Cubasis. For example, when my foot controller sends a CC message, can I have that end up being a real- time Start or Stop message by the time it reaches the sequencer on the iPad or perhaps an external device like my Roland Sonic Cell. If the answer is yes, then I will buy the software instantly.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Regards,

Mike

Phil999
Regular

Re: Newbie question -- is there a way to convert incoming MI

Post by Phil999 » 05 Jan 2014 05:17

I haven't done conversions of MIDI signals yet with Lemur, but I'm pretty sure it will work.

But does the foot pedal output only CC? Anyway, a better approach might be a software like MIDITranslator (PC/Mac).
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

midimockup

Post by midimockup » 05 Jan 2014 16:27

Yes you can do it.

Unfortunately I don't have experience connecting hardware directly to the iPad. I think iConnectMIDI is what you need.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 05 Jan 2014 18:13

MIDI interfaces/hardware MIDI connections are more reliable, but not necessary to receive, convert, and send MIDI.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro