Loop MIDI output

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
aubford
Loop MIDI output

Post by aubford » 03 Jan 2014 09:44

Can someone please tell me how to script a loop that tells a pad to repeatedly send out 'x' whenever it is pressed. I just want a rapid-fire MIDI output like a machine gun. In case you're wondering why, it's so my automation recording in Ableton's session view isn't interrupted when a clip starts its loop over again.

Softcore
Regular

Re: Loop MIDI output

Post by Softcore » 03 Jan 2014 21:52

I really really reeeeeeeeeeeeallyyyyyyy dont think its a good approach....

But anyway.....Lemur doesnt output x - surely you mean some sort of midi message going out....and what would that be? A CC alternating 0 - 127, a note on message...what exactly?

And can you specify the problem you are currently having with recording automation in Live's session view? Im not sure I understand.....

kraftf
Regular

Re: Loop MIDI output

Post by kraftf » 07 Jan 2014 15:22

It's been a long time since my last post here.
Well to get inside the thread i can testify that I've needed this option for one project. To be more specific octatrack which has a specific function to arm triggers by midi cc. So indeed a way continuously send a specifric control was important in order to be able to arm trigers.
Its a bit dangerous to send contino messages to the midi buffer of your instrument or vst because you are risking the surviveability of the midi bandwithh.
So your tool for this would a onframe executed script and a condition to continuusly send a cc(the value of a button).
Try it.
Cheers