How *exactly* do 'On MIDI' executed scripts work?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Traxus
Regular
How *exactly* do 'On MIDI' executed scripts work?

Post by Traxus » 30 Dec 2013 01:17

/*edit*/

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. As expected, These scripts will fire once per each midi signal, it will not cluster them as I had feared.

I was calling a function that generated an array, the function had a for loop in it that was overwriting the previous array updates when it was called a second time.
mycodeworks.jpg
mycodeworks.jpg (71.82KiB)Viewed 791 times
/*edit*/

Hi gang, long time...

So I've got a range of notes (E4 to G9, or 64 to 127), on a range of channels (11- 14) that I have my software sending output information on. I would like to listen to each of these notes individually, each of these 256 notes (64 notes times 4 channels) will communicate one of four states, its important that I get each one individually. Seemingly, the software will sometimes send updates for more than one of these notes at a time, or at least so close to one another that the following script only picks up the velocity of the highest note value; if E4 and F4 both change, the following script will only execute for F4...
midilistner.jpg
midilistner.jpg (15.16KiB)Viewed 799 times
Is this the nature of an On MIDI script? Does it fire only once per incoming message that matches the conditions?.. or is this some kind of latency issue?

What are my conceivable options, other than writing 256 individual midi listeners?

Also, I've just dinked around a bit and tried changing Note On to Key Pressure, as well as Channel Pressure, but it appears that the software is not outputting anything for either of these...

Thanks.
Last edited by Traxus on 30 Dec 2013 05:36, edited 2 times in total.

Traxus
Regular

Re: How *exactly* do 'On MIDI' executed scripts work?

Post by Traxus » 30 Dec 2013 05:28

Isolated this a bit, it might be a latency issue; though my template is only at about 25% capacity...

I made the following midi script, and ran a monitor on the channel 11 variable... While the software does spit out multiple note on signals at once, this script was able to manage all of them, as i could see multiple values in the channel11 array shifting accordingly:
isolatemidilisner.jpg
isolatemidilisner.jpg (14.21KiB)Viewed 791 times