iConnectMIDI2+ DOES work with Lemur!

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Vas
Re: iConnectMIDI2+ DOES work with Lemur!

Post by Vas » 02 Feb 2014 05:35

Electrofux,

Thanks for the response.

I have the iPad (Air) iConnectMIDI2+ and the Windows 7 PC working with several apps like SounPrism and Arp Pro.

I have Lemur Editor on the PC and Lemur in the iPad. EnChord is in the PC. There is no enChord for the iPad. So what needs to happed I assume is to somehow get enChord to the iPad. I understand that from the Ipad a lightning to USB adaptor to the PC connection will do it. However I am missing all the details of how this is done.

I have some help given here http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=402258 but as of now I still do not have enChord working.

enChord http://www.avantgardesound.com/
Liine: http://liine.net/en/support/lemur

I have tried to open the Lemur Daemon without success. But since you say it is not required then it is ok that it does not open.

I suppose that ITunes is somehow involved in sending the enChord template from the PC to the iPad but then why is the USB connection required? I am totally lost. Perhaps there are two or three different methods to accomplish this?
23" 10-touch Monitor, iPad Air - IconnectMIDI2+, Windows 10- 64bit, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2, Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, Firebox, Cubase 7.5, Sonar Platinum, S1 2, Reaper 5, Komplete 8, Lumur, Iris 2.

Vas

Post by Vas » 02 Feb 2014 06:05

Macciza wrote:Hi
Wifi is generally used for communicating with Lemur including uploading projects, like enchord.
You can however also load projects via iTunes file management...
Cheers
MM
Maccza,

Thanks for your input.

shofarsogood stated in the OP that the Wi-Fi is not required. My PC does not have Wi-Fi but have a wired connection the internet. I turned on the WI-Fi on the iPad just case.

Since I am not so good with the technical side of iPads and PCs I need a step by step instructions.

So currently I have the iPad connected to the PC with a USB cable. I believe the Ipad can see the PC. In the Windows Explorer under Portable Devices I see the Ipad.

So now where does the iTunes and the Wi-Fi and enChord and Lemur and lemur Editor come in.
23" 10-touch Monitor, iPad Air - IconnectMIDI2+, Windows 10- 64bit, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2, Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, Firebox, Cubase 7.5, Sonar Platinum, S1 2, Reaper 5, Komplete 8, Lumur, Iris 2.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 02 Feb 2014 11:40

Hi

Hook iPad up directly with USB connection
Open iTunes , somewhere there is a section for managing apps files including Lemurs
Put the enChord file there and sync your iPad

Hook up iConnect and iPad, set up ports in Lemur and you should be right to go

Normally Lemur uses wifi for communicating with editor so live editing can be done
It might be a good idea to get a cheap wifi dongle or wifi router for your PC

Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Vas

Post by Vas » 03 Feb 2014 03:36

Hello,

I used a different method for loading enChord to the iPad
so I made new thread here:
http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3878

Thanks to all for al the help offered. :D

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 03 Feb 2014 04:29

Hi
Yeah, so basically you had a wifi connection available to the iPad the whole time and you could do it the usual way it's done via the Editor ....
If I had known you had the wifi connection available I would have told you to do it that way rather then the cable method...

Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]