Beginner's question regarding User Library

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Brassica
Beginner's question regarding User Library

Post by Brassica » 05 Dec 2013 13:12

Hi there,

I am new to Lemur and had a question regarding the use of User Library templates and Ableton.

I am using Ableton 9 suite and iRig midi.

When using a User Library template, for instance Ableton Sampler, do I need to manually assign every parameter before using? Before purchasing Is guessed these would be setup automatically. I can't work out whether this is my mistake or just the way it is and cannot find any information online.

Many thanks in advance!

M

Macciza
Regular

Re: Beginner's question regarding User Library

Post by Macciza » 05 Dec 2013 14:32

Hi
Basically - It depends . . . . On lots of things . . .

User library projects come in all shapes and sizes, with and without setup info, prototypes , finished products and everything in between . . .
So with some you may need to investigate things a little more then you will with others - some will be setup, have setups or need to be set up . . .

A quick look at the Ableton Sampler projects tells me that you would need to MidiMap it all in Live first to get it to respond . .. .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Brassica

Post by Brassica » 05 Dec 2013 19:27

Macciza wrote:Hi
Basically - It depends . . . . On lots of things . . .

User library projects come in all shapes and sizes, with and without setup info, prototypes , finished products and everything in between . . .
So with some you may need to investigate things a little more then you will with others - some will be setup, have setups or need to be set up . . .

A quick look at the Ableton Sampler projects tells me that you would need to MidiMap it all in Live first to get it to respond . .. .

Cheers
MM
Thanks for this response. That makes a lot of sense now. So it is possible to fix the midi cc routing within the lemur project, just depends whether the creator has or not.

It's all becoming a lot clearer now, thank so much.

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 10 Dec 2013 07:01

Here is an all inclusive ableton template I made, that includes a midi mapped als set:

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/363/

Here is a less out of the box solution, my filter module controller on its own;:

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/362/

sometimes we upload things to illustrate principles, or to provide as components for others to use in their own templates