LiveKontrol 2 with iRig Midi ?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Egocent
LiveKontrol 2 with iRig Midi ?

Post by Egocent » 28 Nov 2013 19:45

Dear,

I recently bought an iRig midi adapter for my iPad, as my computer is having a problem with Ad-Hoc networks, for some reason.

I had TouchOSC and although normal midi works via the iRig, it seems to be impossible to set up LiveKontrol 1 with it.

Now, I'm willing to pay the extra 45Euros for Lemur, as I know it is more advanced, but the only thing I'm interested in it, is the LiveKontrol 2 script, and wether it will work with the iRig midi.

anybody got experiences ?

thanks!

Egocent

Re: LiveKontrol 2 with iRig Midi ?

Post by Egocent » 13 Dec 2013 01:16

up..anybody ? :roll:

freepuppies

Post by freepuppies » 13 Dec 2013 18:26

My understanding of TouchOSC is that it only works over WIFI because of OSC. So yes, it would be impossibly to setup LiveKontrol 1 with hardware MIDI.

I don't have iRig, but I have used Alesis ioDock to setup LiveKontrol2. However, a lot of times it seemed to not work as well as over WIFI. Sometimes the input did not seem to work and it would be very frustrating. If you're going to spend the $50 on Lemur for LiveKontrol2, I suggest spending $25 on Touch-Able instead. It has more features than LiveKontrol and is easier to setup.

I do like Lemur, but I found it worked much better for controlling synths than it did over wires for LiveKontrol.

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 15 Dec 2013 21:30

I agree with freepuppies, TouchAble is a better controller for Ableton Live than Livecontrol is and that's not just because it actually works with Live 9.1! Don't get me wrong, I love Lemur and still think it's the best app I've purchased for iPad in any category and there are some outstanding templates created by the talented folks here, particularly Wul's Shove.
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |