iPhone 5, DSI Mopho, Roland PK-6, iConnectMIDI2

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
sculptair
iPhone 5, DSI Mopho, Roland PK-6, iConnectMIDI2

Post by sculptair » 08 Nov 2013 20:06

I've been reading the user manual, some of the posts in this forum, and have watched some videos on lemur, so I know enough to be interested, but not enough to know if it will work in my setup.

I plan on using the iConnectMIDI2 with an iPhone 5 (connected to device port 1) running Lemur to control a DSI Mopho synth (connected using MIDI 1 In and Out) and a midi keyboard (connected using MIDI 2 In). MIDI 2 Out will be connected to all MIDI devices following it in the MIDI chain.

I looked at the Mopho template in the user library, but since that was made for an iPad I assume that it will be much too small to use on iPhone. I anticipate having to create my own template with as many as 12 pages/tabs so that I can access all of the Mopho's parameters.

1. Will the iConnectMIDI2 allow 2-way MIDI communication between the iphone and the Mopho: if I change a parameter on the iPhone running lemur, it will change the corresponding parameter on the Mopho, and if I change a parameter on the Mopho, it will change the corresponding parameter on lemur?
2. Will the iConnectMIDI2 pass all MIDI data received on MIDI 1 and/or 2 In to all connected devices(iPhone 5, DSI Mopho), and to MIDI 2 Out for all other devices connected to the MIDI chain?
3. Has anyone successfully used lemur on an iPhone 5 running the latest operating system to control a MIDI device? (A forum search for the term iPhone returns a search error)
Sculptair
iPad Air iOS7, DSI Mopho, iConnectMIDI2+, Roland PK-6

Macciza
Regular

Re: iPhone 5, DSI Mopho, Roland PK-6, iConnectMIDI2

Post by Macciza » 09 Nov 2013 02:23

Hi
If you check out the stats of the iConnect (and Mopho output) you should find the answers you seek . .

Basically . .
1. Yes - if the Mopho is sending out data for the control you are using then iC2 can send it so Lemur can use it . . .

2. iConnect multiport devices can be set up to route MIDI just about anywhere within it - and newer versions also have selectable snapshots of those settings . . .

3. Pretty sure they have - Have not seen any massive complaints regarding this - should be the same as other devices basically . . .

Hope that helps
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

sculptair

Post by sculptair » 19 Nov 2013 04:58

So in my anticipated setup there will not be a computer. Will it work to make the lemur target connection on the iPhone 5 to the DSI Mopho through the iconnectMIDI2?
Sculptair
iPad Air iOS7, DSI Mopho, iConnectMIDI2+, Roland PK-6

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 19 Nov 2013 07:15

Yes . . .
Though you will probably need the Lightning to 30pin convertor to connect it up . ..
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]