The Lemur manual needs a rewrite

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Macciza
Regular
Re: The Lemur manual needs a rewrite

Post by Macciza » 19 Nov 2013 06:39

Hi

I guess a lot of this stuff is kind of considered as 'common knowledge' and hence not dealt with . . . Sorry . . .

Yes - an ad hoc network means that you will be creating your own network hence you won't be connected to your internet - this provides the best performance and a closed network - you can run through wifi routers but there may be variable delays etc

Same thing with the MIDI stuff - MIDI ports / virtual ports should not be too difficult, Targets and Input Outputs are means of connecting them all together.
A Target is simply where you are aiming your MIDI from within Lemur - That 'Target' i.e. MIDI 0 is then setup to point at 'From' (inputs) and 'To' (outputs) from Lemur - These can be to the Daemons ports or physical ports in your setup.

Sorry about that - but yes the 'To:' is an Output - Looking back at my hardware Lemur, it did say MIDI Output - but again I see that as still fairly self explanatory - From referee to Input, To refers to Output . . .

There is no particular reason to use any particular MIDI Target apart from them needing to align with what you set your objects to send on. If you are using a project setup using Target O then that needs to point somewhere meaningful to work . . .
I often have a couple of Daemon Ports for use in the Computer, and some pointing at my attached Hardware devices or to my iPhone Lemur Ins .. . They don't need to to be match you can select different In and Outs but the data path has to make sense

Your M-Audio Uno should show up somewhere in the possible To/From lists under your computer - that is what you would choose . . .
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]