MENU object midi assign?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Psyk
MENU object midi assign?

Post by Psyk » 09 Sep 2013 22:36

Hello there!

Well, i was able to solve any Lemur quest more less anything till this one :)

However, i am about to finish my template for Traktor and one last thing is bothering me:

I would like to assign MENU object to chose a SINGLE EFFECT in Traktor, something like this: I opened a Lemur MENU and the list of effects appear, from there, i can choose whichever effect i want, and at the same time they are loaded in Traktor.

You can assign a CC to each effect in Traktor.

I am a total newbie to scripting, not sure if there is a simple way? :)

Thank you :)

Psyk

Re: MENU object midi assign?

Post by Psyk » 20 Sep 2013 18:03

I guess it's not possible then...? :)

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 20 Sep 2013 22:35

add a script to the menu on expression selecion, then insert an if clause where you ask for the selection and make a manual midi out argument. And make the menu itself not send any midi too, only the expression. It is getting more complicated if you want to have this bidirectional.

Psyk

Post by Psyk » 21 Sep 2013 00:17

Well, it would be good to have it bidirectional, but as i have no idea into scripting, it is complicated already for me, but, i will try to do it somehow! I can not find any detail manual on "how to: scripting"?

Thank you for your help!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 21 Sep 2013 12:11

Actually, there two ways to achieve this, considering you need a 127 CC value....

You can either use a custom midi out OR script. In the following examples both solutions are displayed - the menu otuputs on CC controllers 21-30 (10 options - notice the "selection+21" thing in both the solutions)
Attachments
menu-ccout.jzml
(1.88KiB)Downloaded 205 times

Psyk

Post by Psyk » 22 Sep 2013 00:47

Softcore wrote:Actually, there two ways to achieve this, considering you need a 127 CC value....

You can either use a custom midi out OR script. In the following examples both solutions are displayed - the menu otuputs on CC controllers 21-30 (10 options - notice the "selection+21" thing in both the solutions)
Well, both examples doing very well, except it does not change the effect :D

I did mapped every "option#" in menu bar, to a certain effect in Traktor ( Option 1 to Delay T3, Option 2 to Grain Delay, and so on....) and when i choose Option 1 or 2, Traktor receive the MIDI message but does not change the effect type.

If i use "Switches", make a 4 columns and assign each switch to a certain effect, it does work. :-/

Thanks for the help once again!

BTW; how can i learn more about scripting? Is there any manual or anything like it? Lemur is a limitless tool :shock:

octobersongs

Post by octobersongs » 23 May 2014 05:42

Softcore wrote:Actually, there two ways to achieve this, considering you need a 127 CC value....

I've created a couple of Menu Objects with 5 or 6 items in each menu using the Custom Midi technique above and it works beautifully, except for one thing. One menu was for simple Edit menu items in Cubase (delete, copy, paste, etc.). Once an iPad/Lemur menu item had been selected, that item name (say, paste) would show on the closed menu and the data would have been pasted appropriately in Cubase. But if I wanted to repeat the paste to another location in Cubase, selecting paste again would do nothing. I would have to choose another menu item from that menu (like delete) and then reselect paste to complete the second paste action. Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks,
Joe

davidmolina

Post by davidmolina » 10 Nov 2015 22:25

octobersongs wrote:

I've created a couple of Menu Objects with 5 or 6 items in each menu using the Custom Midi technique above and it works beautifully, except for one thing. One menu was for simple Edit menu items in Cubase (delete, copy, paste, etc.). Once an iPad/Lemur menu item had been selected, that item name (say, paste) would show on the closed menu and the data would have been pasted appropriately in Cubase. But if I wanted to repeat the paste to another location in Cubase, selecting paste again would do nothing. I would have to choose another menu item from that menu (like delete) and then reselect paste to complete the second paste action. Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks,
Joe
I'm experiencing the same. I'm a total script noob so I have no Idea what to do. Hopefully someone can sort it out.