Multi tasking issue (SOLVED aka I'm an idiot)

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Sanderxpander
Multi tasking issue (SOLVED aka I'm an idiot)

Post by Sanderxpander » 08 Sep 2013 12:02

Hey all,

Since the latest Lemur update something seems to have changed about multi tasking. I'm not talking about being able to run in the background, I'm sure that's great, though I don't use it. I'm talking about four finger swiping for switching apps no longer working as expected. I use lemur live and depend on being able to switch between my setlist app (sometimes with sheet music) and lemur quickly and one-handedly. A quick four finger swipe was great for this. Now, when I do it, it seems to open the multi tasking menu as if I'd double clicked the stop button? Then I have to click my setlist app icon, which, with my left index finger and during playing, isn't ideal.
Is this a setting I can switch on or off somewhere?

Sanderxpander

Re: Multi tasking issue (SOLVED aka I'm an idiot)

Post by Sanderxpander » 08 Sep 2013 12:18

Ok I figured it out and I'm an idiot. I'm leaving this here just in case someone is equally dumb;
I haven't had my iPad for very long and have been slowly integrating it into my live setup. Only recently did I get a K&M iPad holder that connects to my keyboard stand. I started using a setlist app that combines click, notes and sheet music and that makes it more sensible to keep my iPad in portrait position. Lemur defaults to landscape position, but I only use one huge multiball live anyway, with which I can make a one finger filter sweep on my synth. So I figured I could do that in any orientation. But swiping left or right on the lemur app in landscape mode is interpreted as up or down. Swiping down makes the multi tasking menu appear, which I found out today.

All I remembered was that since the update, they changed something about multi tasking, so....
Duh.