Possible new user. Just a few questions

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
hagcel
Possible new user. Just a few questions

Post by hagcel » 06 Aug 2013 20:40

Hey There,

I'm thinking of purchasing Lemur but I have a few questions first:

What features / main differences are there between Lemur and Touch OSC?

Currently I only have an iPhone 4S.

when I upgrade to an iPad would I need to buy Lemur again?

Thanks!

Softcore
Regular

Re: Possible new user. Just a few questions

Post by Softcore » 07 Aug 2013 08:00

I do not own TouchOSC but from what I have gathered the basic (and huge) differences are:

1. Physics - Lemur's object have a physics engine built in which can be activated or de-activated allowing for a internal modulation of the objects - for example a fader can move up - down with specific speed and/or duration, a multiball object (x,y pad) can move or bounce around the x,y coordinates and so on.

2. scripting - the difference that really, according to my opinion, sets Lemur apart from the competition: with minimum coding knowledge the user can incorporate scripts that can define even further modulations of the objects, make them interact with each other linearly or based or any mathematical expression you desire (exponential etc etc), create your own "laws" of interaction between the objects themselves or the objects and OSC-midi messages. You can even script multiple output messages for a single object to create complex functions triggered by a simple pad or button....Well actually the list is endless.

I think, you don't need to buy Lemur twice - better wait for an official reply though, although Im quite positive the same question has been asked again, and a moderator has replied that this is the case.

Greets!

hagcel

Post by hagcel » 08 Aug 2013 15:34

Thanks a lot of the reply!

pyrosonic

Post by pyrosonic » 20 Sep 2013 01:38

I bought it for the iPad first and didn't need to re-buy it for the iPhone when I got one,so I'd imagine it works the same in reverse.
And believe me,you want it.I had Touch OSC and never hesitated or turned back when I got Lemur.
As a matter of a fact,the release of Lemur moved my planned iPad purchase from "sometime next year" to the very next day!