How do i send two midi cc's with one button

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
theinfinate
Re: How do i send two midi cc's with one button

Post by theinfinate » 22 Apr 2013 15:03

Softcore wrote: I always thought it was common knolwedge and helps visually to distinguish code from text.
Thanx for the explanation, I am new to the world of scripting so i miss the obvious things like that! I always want to know how to do it, saw this Lemur app on youtube, i think it was Rheynelooper or something like that that sold it for me. That day i bought 2 ipads for i saw the awesome potential straight away. Now i have to learn!

Do any of you Pro dudes do scripting for money? Like if i wanted a complex template or something?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 22 Apr 2013 15:12

Well Im not a pro-coder either - I was, like you, just fascinated with the idea of designing my "dream controller"....But after the design of your dreams (in terms of taxonomy) is realised, you soon start to think how to enhance it with scripting and the "automated" functions it can provide.

For really elegant, code-wise, templates I have a personal admiration to the works of AB! Search in the user library for his stuff, also Mat is another one to look out for! The built-in templates that come with Lemur actually include some of their works. A lot of other people have marvelous contributions though!

theinfinate

Post by theinfinate » 23 Apr 2013 01:41

Ok thanxs, looks like i'm gonna jump into the rabbit hole here! I'm really after a visual meter on Lemur with levels sent from Ableton. Looks like this question has been asked a few times so i'm on the mission of figuring out how to use the Mu template for MFL or maybe the mackie emulations. I really haven't used Max for live at all either so a lot to learn there too! A dream controller is what i must have!! :D

UniFly

Post by UniFly » 24 Mar 2014 09:26

Guys,

How to do it with fader?

As I understood third value should be dynamic in script as this is not just on/off - if (x==0) ctlout(1, 48, ???, 1);
Can you help me with correct scripting?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 24 Mar 2014 09:34

Do what exactly? The fader sending two midi CCs?

UniFly

Post by UniFly » 24 Mar 2014 09:54

Softcore wrote:Do what exactly? The fader sending two midi CCs?
yes

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 24 Mar 2014 10:06

select your fader....tap on button "x=" (desktop editor)....

Pop up window appears, name it anything, example k

A new expression "k" appears inside the object - type in it x (so that k=x).

Now "k" is midi mappable just like x is. The fader will now send two midi messages - the one x is mapped, and the one k is mapped. (remember in the "k" mappings to enable scale 0 - 127)

bonus feature: in case you want the fader to send two "oposite" messages..... (when its 0, one message is zero the secondf one is full)....then just type in k 1-x, so that k=1-x

;)

UniFly

Post by UniFly » 24 Mar 2014 10:38

Thank you, Softcore - it works!

P.S. Just in my case, I have created two faders in different interfaces - they syncing fine (2 in Lemur, 1 in Traktor and 1 in Ableton).