Mu updated for Live 9, access chains, auto device select!

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
xmonsta
Mu updated for Live 9, access chains, auto device select!

Post by xmonsta » 16 Mar 2013 15:30

Mu updated for Live 9, new features for chains and device selection

I have fixed Mu to work with Live 9. This update also enables access to devices within chains and a new feature that displays the currently selected device.

Download the update here: http://www.xmonsta.com/blog/3-mu-lemur- ... n-and-ipad

Updates/New Features:
Control Devices inside chains.
Control (Follow) the currently selected device, in the top container (container A)
Browse devices inside chains (Chained devices use a dash (-) for depth of chained device (e.g. -- for two chains)

Fixes:
Fixed problem that prevented device templates from being loaded - would not work with Max 5.1.9+ and Live 8/9
Fixed all templates. A problem caused each element (fader/rotary) to control the other elements.
Added template for SH Drum Rack, since the stock template that came with Mu was broken

Coming soon:

New Templates for Live 9 devices (Glue compressor, EQ Eight)
New Templates for Live 8/9 Devices (Vocoder, Reverb, Sampler, Simpler, Midi Effect Rack)
New Templates for popular VST's - such as Massive, Diversion, Albino 3 and much more...
A download for the stock Mu device, that includes the fix for live 9, but doesnt include the new features

I worked quite hard on this update, so hope you enjoy it! Now go make some lovely music!!
Last edited by xmonsta on 18 Apr 2013 10:57, edited 2 times in total.

Joe Soap
Regular

Re: Mu updated for Live 9, access chains, auto device select

Post by Joe Soap » 16 Mar 2013 19:59

Wheeeeeee!

LiveControl2 in three . . . two . . .

:mrgreen:

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 16 Mar 2013 21:19

Is there a relationship between Mu and LiveControl?.. or just friendly competition?

Looks awesome btw. I need to upgrade to Live 9 as well as start digging into M4L. I have not built a thing in that environment yet.

Have you considered using breakpoint for things like EQ 8 and the auto filter? I find it helps to have some representation of the line, although admittedly it can be a bit of a headache to make it behave.

xmonsta

Post by xmonsta » 16 Mar 2013 22:18

Not sure of the relationship between Mu and Livecontrol. I think they might all be working towards the same goal.

Livecontrol looks great, I think it will focus on controlling ableton live. Whereas, I always loved Mu because the best part of it was the device control. That's why I updated Mu. For me, this new update really compliments my use of ableton live (to follow devices as Im using them). I dont think the live api will allow to create the ultimate controller for ableton anytime soon that allows me to make music on the couch. Maybe livecontrol will do this. We'll see.

Im going to be making lots of templates for Mu in the coming weeks, for lots of VSTs and FX. Your ideas for breakpoint controllers sound cool, so I will have a go at that as well. Cheers Traxus!

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 16 Mar 2013 23:03

Ah, I had forgotten that Mu was actually a child of JazzMutant, I thought it was third party.

I've been meaning to add another 2 points to my auto filter display, as to generate a more accurate image of what live produces without going overboard on the points...

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/362/

Now that i think about it, making an EQ8 out of a breakpoint could be pretty tough, as not every point necessarily falls on the line that is produced.

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 16 Mar 2013 23:12

An easy mistake to make, what with xmonsta not exactly making it plain on his / her site that "Mu 1.3" isn't an officially sanctioned product (that I'm aware of).

While I applaud the effort, I believe only Liine or Jazzmutant have the standing to bump the version number and release updates. I can't find any license in the official Mu package, which devolves to "no license" AIUI.

Some clarification would be appreciated.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 17 Mar 2013 11:02

Hi
Personally I must admit I find the 'Updated Mu Lemur iPad App' to Version 1.3 claim a little odd . . .
And the lack of any clear detail that you are not the original/main developer . . .
Plus the fact that you fail to mention the work done by many various other people . . .
And claimed 'fixes', future plans, fine print etc all fail to mention these facts . . .
I have had Mu running quite fine with Max 5.16 and Live 8 . . . Had not checked 9 yet . . .
Not even any mention or link to Mu 1.2 as Premium Content from Liine ??
And how much of the other 'work' that you are claiming have you actually done yourself, I wonder??
It all just seems a little weird to me . . . ..

Why not just post it to the Liine User Library (Please do so) and mention/discuss it on this Forum?
Why setup a separate Forum on your site to discuss 'your' Mu development?
Why the lack of any recognition/mention of it (Mu) as Liine Premium Content?
Why no mention of this Forum or any of the people who's work you have used?
It would be really great if you could address these points . . .

It really seems that you are misguiding people into thinking that this is your own development . . .
I really hope this is not designed as a 'launchpad' for further 'commercial' venturing . . .
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

xmonsta

Post by xmonsta » 17 Mar 2013 13:24

No problem, I will remove the download and will submit the changes to the user library. How do I go about that?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 17 Mar 2013 13:34

Hi
The Liine Library is at http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/
You will see that there are a few Mu additions in there that were included in your project (hint- I did the Amp one) . . .
And there are some threads on this Forum discussing Mu development and tweaking, try the search function . . .
Maybe we can bump one up and make it 'sticky' or at least keep some current discussions going
And oh yeah - glad to see some more people into Mu dev, have meant to do a bit more but time gets away . . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

tobpA

Post by tobpA » 18 Mar 2013 04:26

Thank you for finally making something that allows you to control the currently selected device, I've been looking for a module/template that is able to do this for over a year! I see that you have made the download unavailable, but if you want me to beta test your update let me know :D