V4 and my iPhone

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
hashua
V4 and my iPhone

Post by hashua » 20 Dec 2012 21:59

Just a little report on how this new updated affected an iPhone4S: It affected it Badly! Lol, but so far my main concerns are that the editor seems completely unusable on Win7, seems like most of the controls are missing and mostly it just crashes. And please please PLEASE Liine tell us all that in-App editing is coming for iPhone! It has to be, I have faith. Because as I recall I paid about the same as all the iPad customers for Lemur, so don't leave the small screens behind! Who cares if the UI is tiny, small is good, small is fine.

Anyone else, how has the new update treated your iPhone/iPod? As wonky as things have become for me with the new update, I have to say I am pretty taken by the new skins! They're lovely, all my old creations look crazy cool with them. Which is why I was immediately excited to fire up the editor after downloading V4. But my version is so hosed that there aren't any of the old editing parameters showing up in the new UIm, see:
Attachments
editor_es_fkd.JPG
editor_es_fkd.JPG (77KiB)Viewed 2007 times

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Re: V4 and my iPhone

Post by nick_liine » 25 Dec 2012 18:52

Please try completely uninstalling Lemur on your Windows computer, then installing the new version.

Which version of Windows are you on?

hashua

Post by hashua » 05 Jan 2013 03:50

Thanks for the reply Nick, I went ahead and reinstalled a few hundered times :)

Still getting an awfully wonky looking Editor, which has become completely dysfunctional. Strangely, I tried reinstalling 3.1 editor and everything looks just as broken in that most of the UI options are no longer available . And since I'm on an iPhone, I have no in-app editing either. I'm sure you guys will figure it all out :)

I'm on Windows 7 Home Prem
64-bit, Serv Pack 1

I appreciate you looking into this, let me know if I can offer more info.

One thing, any idea how I could at least get the old Editor working again?
Attachments
broke.JPG
broke.JPG (23.02KiB)Viewed 1897 times

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 06 Jan 2013 18:39

I would try clearing the Registry manually after uninstalling (before reinstall of whichever version). I had no problems rolling back the editor to 3.n myself, so had no cause to go looking in the Reg - but it wouldn't surprise me if the installer left a bunch of stuff behind.

Specifically check the following hive / key;

HKLM\Software

. . . where there are subkeys for Jazzmutant and Liine.

So uninstall Editor v4 - check those reg entries for orphans, and if you find anything left behind after uninstalling just delete the keys.

There doesn't appear to be any configuration data held in ProgramData or Users>User>Appdata.

hashua

Post by hashua » 09 Jan 2013 21:26

Joe Soap, what an upstanding member of this community you are. A shining light, beaming from the cliffs, guiding the rest of us through the wonky update fog!

Lol, but really I am seriously thankful for your suggestion, it was a piece of cake and I am now the proud owner of a fully functioning V3 editor!

I'm sure Liine will have this sorted soon. Part of me wants them to be working on LiveControl as the focus right now anyway, especially now that I have an editor back. I'm patient, maybe that's what working on commercial software for a living does for you whilst dealing with other co's releases.

Thanks again!

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 10 Jan 2013 13:43

hashua wrote:Joe Soap, what an upstanding member of this community you are. A shining light, beaming from the cliffs, guiding the rest of us through the wonky update fog!
Holy crap! Keep that to yourself will ya?

No worries. :)