Pixel skin - background of knobs vanishes

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
peterdines
Pixel skin - background of knobs vanishes

Post by peterdines » 20 Dec 2012 01:23

When I set a knob to certain colors like grey in the pixel skin, the inactive part or background of the knob's range turns completely black and vanishes:

This is annoying because if I turn the knob down all the way it becomes invisible. I note that in the Lemur desktop editor, the "background" parameter doesn't seem to do anything in the pixel skin. Could it perhaps be put to use to set the inactive part of the knob?

Macciza
Regular

Re: Pixel skin - background of knobs vanishes

Post by Macciza » 20 Dec 2012 03:44

Hi
Knobs are generated programmatically . . .
In this Skin it appears that the background color is a function of the Foreground color but reduced Brightness
So if you have a desaturated color ie Grey then the reduced brightness of that is darker grey or black . . .

I guess this is just a 'feature' / artifact of the process - use a brighter grey or some color to avoid . . .
The comments will get passed on . .

MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

peterdines

Post by peterdines » 20 Dec 2012 04:09

I will use a brighter color for now - it's not a huge deal, and Lemur 4 is working great otherwise. But it would be nice to have the adjustable background in the pixel and shaded skins - it gets dark REAL fast and disappears if you're not using the brightest colors.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 20 Dec 2012 07:55

I also noticed that changing skins results in deviations of the brightness of the objects - for example, pixel skin makes them generally darker while "flat" skin makes then generally brighter. I think, as the "skin" feature has just been implemented we are going to see many improvements on the concept. ;)