Premium Content - What do you want to see?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
m127
Re: Premium Content - What do you want to see?

Post by m127 » 08 Dec 2012 10:16

Nah, no problem. All good!

I reflected a bit more on what I would like to see happening with Lemur, and I think, regardless of my previous suggestions, this is my main interest/idea thus far:

Pretty please implement a feature by which users can save named PRESETS of their templates!!!!!

Something that would look like this in iPad/iPhone (a tree-like structure, just like in the editor!!):

TEMPLATE 1
TEMPLATE 2
TEMPLATE 3

Expanded version:

TEMPLATE 1
--Preset 1
--Preset 2
--Preset 3
TEMPLATE 2
TEMPLATE 3

I can't emphasize enough the desirability and usability of such feature.

Fellow users, how about some +1?

m127

Post by m127 » 08 Dec 2012 10:17

m127 wrote:
Pretty please implement a feature by which users can save named PRESETS of their templates!!!!!

Something that would look like this in iPad/iPhone (a tree-like structure, just like in the editor!!):

TEMPLATE 1
TEMPLATE 2
TEMPLATE 3

Expanded version:

TEMPLATE 1
--Preset 1
--Preset 2
--Preset 3
TEMPLATE 2
TEMPLATE 3

I can't emphasize enough the desirability and usability of such feature.

Fellow users, how about some +1?

Here's mine: +1

:D

nechronics

Post by nechronics » 11 Dec 2012 07:45

Would be great if someone could make a template that emulates the Beatslicer feature in the new DJM-2000 nexus. It's kind of like a slip roll with better functionality. Looks like easily one of the most fun toys you could use to rip tracks apart...could definitely go bananas with it. I'm sure Ableton could do something similar if it was programmed right.

8bitslave

Post by 8bitslave » 16 Dec 2012 21:23

I want the ability to see waveforms within clips, to be able to do pinch and zoom, set loop points. This should be built into Mu, so that if you for example double click a clip, a clip pops up with all the controls and the waveform. Extra props would be given with the ability to display multiple clips/waveforms from different tracks at once. Midi editing within clips too please.

Also would love for Lemur to evolve into a touch desktop software, like for windows 8 or OSX via touchscreens. Would love to have a 40 inch lemur :D

Every device that comes stock in Ableton should have a corresponding mapped device in Mu. Navigating devices in Mu should be simpler.

Overall visual updates would be nice. Make playing clips glow or show they are active. Display how much of clip is paying thru via a bar or within the grid itself, like a timer. Meters on the faders. Would be could if you could pinch zoom and scroll the clip grid in Mu.

8bitslave

Post by 8bitslave » 16 Dec 2012 21:27

Regarding Mu I have some additional stuff...

Being able to control all devices within racks, every little bit. A more streamlined interface for switching between devices etc. The ability to directly access devices by clicking on a track in one click, rather that 3-4 clicks it takes now via the current browser.

jmaz

Post by jmaz » 20 Dec 2012 07:46

MBM wrote:Mmm... And of course, Dexter would be great.
i like the idea of dexter's eq graphics mirroring eq8 in live

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 03 Jan 2013 20:08

Oddly enough, after initial scepticism (and rudeness! Can't deny it.) and some time to calm down . . . I've got a raging speedhorn for LiveControl 2 now.

There's potentially a hell of a lot of interesting things in that particular pipeline, depending on the approach the guys take to combining Remote Scripts with Max* (for Live or Runtime - hopefully both).

So apologies to all concerned for the earlier negativity - roll on LC-2. :)

[edit] * Presuming Max is involved at all.

Salt+Slug

Post by Salt+Slug » 20 Jan 2013 21:25

I know this wouldn't be for Premeum Content, more for an update in the future, skins as object attribute rather than a global setting.
I like the way different objects look, in each of the skins, but never all objects in a perticular skin... It's always a compromise.
S+S
Moog LittlePhatty Stage2, Novation Ultranova, Live8 suite, NI Massive, NI FM8, Max/Msp, LaunchPad, APC-40, and a lot more

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 20 Jan 2013 22:09

++

Fairly shortsighted, as currently half-implemented.

I'm hopeful that fuller functionality on revealed features makes an appearance with LC2 . . . that wouldn't surprise me. My thinking is that LC 2 and Live 9 will be released together - so the release schedule is possibly somewhat out of Liine's hands . . . I'm sure they want to make a bit of a splash when they unleash the beast.

It's fun to take the Antonio Blanca route and skin via compound-object design as a workaround in the meantime (and anyway) though.

zetterstroem

Post by zetterstroem » 28 Jan 2013 21:08

a nod-e template would be nice