Premium Content - What do you want to see?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Glennzone
Re: Premium Content - What do you want to see?

Post by Glennzone » 10 Mar 2013 20:06

Newbie here, but still tech-heavy.

* I would Love to see more premium content which explores the far reaches of possibilities, where we can take it apart and learn from the machinery that makes things tick on the inside.

* I personally would like to have the ability to customize the visual aspects of the interface.

* I would like to have resources where it is easier to find answers to life's perplexing questions, within the Lemur context, naturally. :-P

I may as well ask ; How many of these things are already available as we speak, or where can I find them, and learn more ?

My particular application aims to make "racks of gear" where you navigate between them with a swipe to the left, a swipe to the right, . . . I haven't figured that one out yet. Is there already a way to swipe like this ? Perhaps we could also swipe right or left at the lowest position in the rack (or middle or upper) to another rack module to the left or right while the others remain the same.

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 21 Mar 2013 00:51

It's all already there to some degree and in one form or another.

It does take some investment of time and mental effort however - my tip is, when you trawl the fora . . . dip into threads that don't (seem to) directly address whatever roadblock you face at the time. With Lemur, as in life, the answer to your question is sometimes . . . ask a different question. More mundanely . . . shift the problem elsewhere! (Otherwise known as refactoring)

The learning curve thing is actually being attacked from a few different sides as we speak. The Modules section is young, give that another few months and this stuff'll be basically Lego Blocks.

DubZee

Post by DubZee » 02 Apr 2013 00:35

I'd like to see the forum organized by DAW or other software that is the linking subject. :D

Steve

Post by Steve » 13 Jun 2013 14:30

As much as I love the Tron style interface for Lemur...

I would love to see the ability to drop any graphic in there so we could create full colour, high resolution interfaces!

I'd pay for this :)

Clementshawes

Post by Clementshawes » 25 Jul 2013 21:13

New member here but thought I'd sign-up and add my brain-fart...
Disclaimer, I'm an Ableton user so apologies for thinking Ableton-centric.

I'd love to an Elektron or Maschine-style sequencer with parameter locks; I'd use in Ableton so I'd like to select the parameters from the selected device but the theory stands - press the step and adjust the value.

I'd also like to +1 an earlier suggestion of having a Live audio clip display waveform on screen; it'd blow my mind right now to have audio-clip waveform with options for start-pos, end-pos, loop toggle/lemgth and crop clip.

I don't know if those things are possible with Live 8 or 9 but I'd even consider tendering for customised scripts...

Sanderxpander

Post by Sanderxpander » 31 Jul 2013 21:55

I'm not sure it qualifies as "premium content" but I'd love some sort of port merging/thru function.
For instance when I edit a synth module with a midi cable, I would love to connect up a midi keyboard to my in port and join that midi to the editing that's going out of lemur's out port. Point in case, I have a Shruthi-1. The editor is great, but I can't play an on screen keyboard for any serious stuff. I see no reason why this cannot be easily implemented (but I am not a programmer). All the hardware is there at least. It seems to me it would mean a huge boost to Lemur's usefulness for editing anything via actual midi cables. There are virtually no synths or devices with multiple midi ins.
Last edited by Sanderxpander on 23 Aug 2013 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

Clementshawes

Post by Clementshawes » 31 Jul 2013 22:07

Sanderxpander wrote:I'm not sure it qualifies as "premium content" but I'd love some sort of port merging/thru function.
For instance when I edit a synth module with a midi cable, I would love to connect up a midi keyboard to my in port and join that midi to the editing that's going out of lemur's out port. Point in case, I have a Shruthi-1. The editor is great, but I can play an on screen keyboard for any serious stuff. I see no reason why this cannot be easily implemented (but I am not a programmer). All the hardware is there at least. It seems to me it would mean a huge boost to Lemur's usefulness for editing anything via actual midi cables. There are virtually no synths or devices with multiple midi ins.
Surely this is already there? Just configure the Lemur Daemon to communicate via your physical MIDI port; this is, if I am understanding you correctly?
I use an onscreen keyboard to play my Nord Modular connecting either via the Daemon or using my Camera Connection Kit and USB/MIDI.

It could be that I'm misunderstanding but all the details for connecting are covered in the manual for both wirelessly and cabled.

Sanderxpander

Post by Sanderxpander » 23 Aug 2013 13:51

But then I'd need my computer. If I have a synth module with very few buttons and I want to use a simple keyboard for playing it and Lemur's wonderful interface for editing it and using sliders and knobs... I can't. I have a simple midi in/out usb interface for my iPad; I want to send midi notes to the iPad, and send out those notes plus Lemur control data to my synth. Can't be done.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 23 Aug 2013 21:52

Theoritically this could be achieved with a ON MIDI script that "catches" the incoming midi messages and then just "resends" them out via noteout script function. What I dont know however is what impact such a procedure would have on the actual latency of the re-transmitted messages since they ll be going through all these "trips"

Sanderxpander

Post by Sanderxpander » 25 Aug 2013 10:56

It just seems like such a basic function of a flexible midi controller like the lemur. I can't imagine it being hard for them to implement, though such a statement is no doubt the source of many facepalms for software programmers.

In any case, I would love to be able to set up some kind of through/merge port. It seems indispensable for using lemur with hardware synth modules.