Monitor Incoming OSC data?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
ForestCat
Regular
Monitor Incoming OSC data?

Post by ForestCat » 10 Aug 2012 22:25

How would one monitor incoming osc "generically", i.e., without having it addressed to some specific object in Lemur?
The Missing Link sends osc to the ipad via WiFi in the form of:

/midi/0xb0_64_x

for example. In this case, it's CC#64 (hold), with the controller value being x, a value between 0 and 1.

What I just want to do initially is simply set up a monitor object that dumps everything coming into lemur on it's WiFi osc port (not using the daemon at all here) to start to troubleshoot/debug, etc. At this point, I have no way to tell if the Lemur is receiving any osc at all from the Missing Link. Would sure appreciate any info.

Thanks.

worldoftwilights

Re: Monitor Incoming OSC data?

Post by worldoftwilights » 17 Jul 2014 23:15

up on that. I have Reaper on OSC 0 which is triggering buttons on OSC 1 and I cannot find exactly what is happening, if it's a Reaper's Bug or Lemur's.

Is there a way to see OSC incoming? even something external like a software monitor to be applied on a determined IP.

anyone knows?

Thanks so much.

TKillz

Post by TKillz » 24 Jul 2016 17:51

I'm looking for the same thing here

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 12 Sep 2016 04:11

Have you tried using OSC_ARG and a monitor object? Do you have Max/MSP? You could make a Max patch and print all incoming messages. If you don't have Max/MSP I could make you a patch and you can use it in the runtime.

Scott
Have you tried turning it off and on again?