Multiball- is it possible to plot the 'walls'

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
osha
Multiball- is it possible to plot the 'walls'

Post by osha » 24 May 2012 19:54

I want to make the ball trigger a midi note each time it hits the edges when in Mass-Spring mode with friction set a zero. I'm thinking a script that went: 'when velocity of ball = zero, trigger midi note'
But I've no idea if this is a path to persue....

anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

drewboles

Re: Multiball- is it possible to plot the 'walls'

Post by drewboles » 30 May 2012 17:13

I don't know if you've seen this module (from the user library already): http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/158/

It doesn't do exactly what you want (MIDI notes are attached to the balls, not the walls) but it might be a decent alternative and/or give you ideas about how to get what you want.

Btw, if you ever do figure out how to assign the walls, let us know. I'd be curious to try something like out in my setup!

Sincerely,
D

bxsj
Regular

Post by bxsj » 02 Jun 2012 10:28

I want to make the ball trigger a midi note each time it hits the edges when in Mass-Spring mode with friction set a zero.
This can be achieved by sending out midi notes in a script that is triggered by a change of the x or y varialbe of the multiball project. That is checking the position of the ball. When the x or y variable hits it's maximum or minium value, the ball has hit the wall. The x and y variable are the current coordinates of the ball ...
Start of with creating monitors for the x, y, and z variables of the multiball object to find out when to send out a midi note.
Hope that helps,
B.
PS.: Another way would be to use a custom midi message whenever x or y hits a certain value. Also explained in mats post http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0
Win7 64, Ipad Lemur, Cubase6 and a bunch of Roland Synths and Samplers

osha

Post by osha » 03 Jun 2012 01:11

Thanks a lot- I will look at this and come up with a script that plots the maxima of the x/y co-ordinates and then sends out note data as suggested- I'll post it back here soon.