a couple of questions...

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
FloreMusic
a couple of questions...

Post by FloreMusic » 20 Apr 2012 07:55

Hi everybody,

let me introduce myself, my name is Flore, i'm a french music producer. I've purchased the lemur app a couple of weeks ago and i love it. I use it to control ableton live.

but i got a problem wit my ad hoc connection. When i launch Lemur on my ipad, the connection works, but after a couple of minutes it stops and the links are written in red on the daemon window.
Bluetooth is off. And the connection worked very well til yesterday.

i also got another question, is it best to use midi wifi or osc ? which one you think is the most stable ?

and one last question: i control ableton live with Lemur, is there a possibility that the lemur conflicts with another controller (apc40) ? cos the connection seems to stop when i launch the apc... just wondering.
so maybe you can give me some help :)

thanks a lot and have a nice day

Sibanger

Re: a couple of questions...

Post by Sibanger » 23 Apr 2012 07:49

Hi Flore,

I'm new to Lemur, but I have had major issues getting a stable adhoc network running on PC.

I've gone back to Connectify which has sorted it out.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 23 Apr 2012 10:05

have you checked out the videos and the manual? I mean, I am also new to lemur, and also to wireless connections in general. There were a lot of problems at the beginning, but it turned out I was just not familiar with all these new things. If an ad-hoc connection doesn't work anymore, you may just try to re-establish it again. You also may need a driver from the manufacturer of your wireless card.

These things are mostly not related to Lemur.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

FloreMusic

Post by FloreMusic » 23 Apr 2012 14:59

Yes, i've checked the manual & videos a few times, and managed to make it work correctly a couple of times.
But it looks like the daemon software crashes when i start my midi controller (APC40). When i restart it, it's ok.
weird.

axel_liine
Liine Staff

Post by axel_liine » 23 Apr 2012 16:01

Hi Flore,
Can you reproduce this connection loss each time you connect your APC40 ? When this happens, can you still see the Daemon icon in the menubar ?
Also, are you using the latest Lemur software (3.1) ?