joebataz
Regular
Zeros in text object

Post by joebataz » 19 Apr 2012 18:41

I have an array seqTime. In this array I have
{2,3,3,4,5}
I have 5 text objects
sT1, sT2, sT3, sT4, sT5

I would like to display each of those values in the array in one of the text objects. So I use

setattribute(sT1,'content',seqTime[0]);
setattribute(sT2,'content',seqTime[1]);
setattribute(sT3,'content',seqTime[2]);
setattribute(sT4,'content',seqTime[3]);
setattribute(sT5,'content',seqTime[4]);

And I get all zeros in the text objects. Why? Do I need to do some sort of ascii conversion or is there a function? Uhhh, I would say no on the function although I've seen a ton of people have asked about it (maybe a new wish list item, hint, hint) and I myself have written a limited conversion script to build a keyboard because there is no interface to the iPad keyboard ( I have this on my wish list).

Any help would be appreciated!

joeb

joebataz
Regular

Re: Zeros in text object

Post by joebataz » 19 Apr 2012 19:30

OK, OK....
you're right, I should be sharing the code. Here's a little project that has my conversion scripts and a simple keyboard interface.
These convert based on ASCII decimal codes, not HEX! They cover most of the characters on a standard keyboard, no modifiers and I still haven't implemented the backspace, delete and left/right keys, because I still haven't figured out the cursor display inside the typed text object.

Just a little payback (until I release my full app) for all the help I've gotten. Hopefully it will help and it will definitely save a LOT of typing.

ENJOY!

joeb
Attachments
converter.jzml
(13.28KiB)Downloaded 81 times